Assistant Manager, Analytics and Modelling, Financial Services, Audit and Assurance, London
Your opportunity You will partner with world-renowned clients, helping them to leverage the power of their data to solve their most complex business challenges. You will be part of a market-leading team, bringing together people and insights from a variety of sources and backgrounds.
You will work on cutting edge projects where no two days are the same, accelerating your learning and allowing you to progress more quickly.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements, which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
You will provide modelling, analytics and valuation advisory services to our clients. You will understand our clients' industry and be able to anticipate complex business problems and the issues they face, recommending appropriate action.
Your work, your choice
- Providing data analytics and modelling services through the use of software such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, Power BI and Excel to deliver meaningful insights to our clients and help them to understand the risks and key drivers for their business;
- Development and delivery of new and innovative analytics tools to support evolving audit and regulatory requirements and the changing Banking environment;
- Helping the Analytics and Modelling team to support our clients in all areas of large data handling and manipulation and to embed analytics into their business and culture;
- Data integrity testing to provide greater depth of understanding as part of transaction services in both audit and advisory engagements, including across securitisation and regulatory areas such as Asset Quality Reviews and stress testing;
- Assessing and using historic and macro-economic data to support complex modelling, such as credit risk modelling, asset cash flows and valuations
- Inputting into the strategy for the Analytics and Modelling team, proposing new areas of growth and innovative solutions
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel and an option of working from home when appropriate
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time or part-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
- Advanced skills in one, or ideally more, of the following in the context of data management and analytics:
oMS Excel including VBA
- Experience of working on complex data driven, analytics and visualisation projects
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry
- Exceptional analytical capabilities
- Ability to partner with clients and build great relationships
- Proficiency in written and oral communication
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
- Experience in other data science languages such as Python and R, and experience in the use of machine learning concepts such as logistic regression and neural networks and with natural language processing;
- Knowledge and experience of credit risk (PD/LGD/EAD) modelling;
- Understanding of regulatory and/or market good practice in the area of credit risk;
- Understanding of loans, mortgages and similar debt types;
- Sound knowledge of a range of retail, commercial and corporate banking products;
- Knowledge of current economic and market trends;
- Knowledge of audit methodologies
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture wheretalented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking,diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. Wevalue difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and wesupport agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people alreadyworking at Deloitte in agile ways
.We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers forWorking Families
for the eighth consecutive year, andto have been listed in The Times Top 50Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
SLAUDA BADAAN WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171122