Senior Recruiter / Director
Our client an established trading company that imports grain and feed materials supplies into the animal feed, pet food, human food and aquaculture industries are currently looking for a Trader Assistant to join their small dynamic and effective Trading Team, based in their London, Office.
Job Role Overview:
Trading Assistants provide support to the Senior Trader with their everyday trading activities, achieving growth targets, working in a fast-paced office with a varied workload.
- To assist with sales and marketing and ensure clear communication, pre and post sales, with customers and suppliers
- Acquire sound knowledge about the products which the Company trades
- Working closely with a Senior trader – they will be required to learn everything about the senior trader’s group of products to the point where they could provide cover when required
- Support Senior Trader on a day-to-day basis
- Learn and understand both customer and supplier requirements
- Negotiation of both purchases and sales contracts
- Liaise with customers to ensure service-delivery; working to suit individual customer needs and requirements
- Work closely with the Commercial transport manager, to obtain and negotiate haulage rates for existing and upcoming business.
- 4-5 years experience from an agricultural trading background would be preferred
- Strong Sales and Negotiation skills
- Time management – prioritise most important requirements and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to cope with detailed work of this specialist commodity sector
- Organisational Skills
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 2nd language a bonus but not essential