Assistant Vice President - Murex Developer
The role exists within the Murex Development function which undertakes a series of small development on both our Murex 3.1 and Murex 2.11 platforms based upon requests that have been sent via our business stakeholders. We are looking to hire a senior Murex datamart reporting specialist to undertake all aspects of development. The role will be solely focused on Murex but the candidate will need to be able to liaise and communicate with business stakeholders as well as Technology teams that interface the application.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,300 offices in more than 50 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the Department / Section:
This role sits in our Corporate Technology Department responsible for providing IT services to all areas of the MUFG Securities (EMEA) business. The Department is split into support functions that are aligned to the business. Corporate Technology employs a combination of bespoke and “best of breed” 3rd party system solutions in servicing the banks business functions. Key systems including Bloomberg, Fidessa, Martini, Market Analytics (QuIC) and Murex..
Main Purpose of the Role:
The role exists within the Murex Development function which undertakes a series of small development on both our Murex 3.1 and Murex 2.11 platforms based upon requests that have been sent via our business stakeholders.
We are looking to hire a senior Murex datamart reporting specialist to undertake all aspects of development. The role will be solely focused on Murex but the candidate will need to be able to liaise and communicate with business stakeholders as well as Technology teams that interface the application.
- Provide Murex Technical expertise on activities relating to all datmart reporting
- Configuration of Murex 2.11 and 3.1 platforms in line with requirements
- Act as second line support to the Murex Business as usual team provide technical experience and guidance where necessary
- Improvement of existing processes and alignment to best practices on all datamart development
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Expert understanding of Murex v3.1 and v.2.11. With more than 3 years’ experience focusing on
- All aspects of datamart reporting
- Simulations & Data Dictionary
- Understanding of financial database and table construction
- Understanding of trade workflow
- PL VaR
- Market data & Curve construction
- Product knowledge – Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives is preferred
- Proven track record of delivering to financial institutions
- Database: Sybase / SQL / Understanding of RDMS
- Undertanding of 3rd party batch schedulers (Control+M or similar)
- Understanding of software development methodology (SDM)
- Appreciation of change management process and software release processes (version control)
- Solid working experience with Murex within a financial institution is desired.
Education / Qualifications:
- Murex vendor accreditation/training would be desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and responsive to change
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.