Overall Purpose of Job
Within the Transaction Management Unit (TMU), assist with, and gain experience in, the monitoring of exposures and collateral values to ensure ratios remain within approved limits and sub-limits where applicable. Assist with, and gain experience in, the maintenance, creation and set up of all necessary controls and administrative duties [including the operational aspects of the collateral management system ‘TRAC’], required for facility and day to day operation.
• To assist and gain experience in the processing of client requests submitted under approved facilities, in accordance with all approvals and conditions.
• Provide administration and support for all products related to Commodity Finance and Export Ancillary Business, together with assistance to ETBO for non-commodity related business.
• Gain experience in the provision of technical and specialist support to Front, Middle & Back office areas to assist the on-boarding, execution and subsequent management of new specialist product facilities.
• Assist and gain experience in the monitoring and control on a daily basis of the complete CSTF exposure under the present facility portfolio. This will ensure correct determination of facility availability at time of new requests or enquiries, and allow decisions to be made that cause transactions to be cancelled or repaid.
• Become familiar with individual processes and business flows for each different client; with a view to taking client ownership within the team once knowledge based deemed adequate. This is an essential function necessary for client experience and knowledge level up to new or additional members joining TMU.
• Responsible for sales receivable reconciliation against related purchases.
• Prepare analysis of Bank’s security documentation against transactional exposures.
• Ensure credit approval conditions are adhered to by section and client.
• Provide accurate timely management reporting as and when required.
• Liaise with clients to provide confirmation and discounting rates for potential Export Letters of Credit.
• Administer the RINGI applications together with additional internal controls required to advise/confirm/amend Letters of Credit.
• Monitor documentary presentations and provide proactive support to operations and timely execution requests for discounting LC’s.
• Monitor balances between Bank’s accounting system and exposure management tools for all allocated or monitored limits in order to retain an accurate record of exposure.
• Under supervision, prepare, monitor and assist with control of borrowing base facilities, revolving credit facilities, ARPS transactions, and TPA financing facilities.
• Minimum GSE (or equivalent) in core academic subjects
• A Level (or equivalent) preferred
• Additional language skills advantageous
• Minimum four years previous operational experience in a Trade Finance related product environment.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
• Proficient in the standard Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
• Proficient in up-to-date market standards and practices relative to the products administered within TMU (e.g. ISP98, UCP600, e-UCP,URDG, Incoterms)
Integrity and Responsibility
• Risk with Opportunity
• Global Perspective
Professionalism and Teamwork
• Collaborate and Build Partnerships
• Communicate Effectively and Professionally
• Drive For Results
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
• Lead Change and Seek Continuous Improvement
• Think Strategically
• Influence and Inspire Others
• Manage and Develop Talent
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the job holder. The job holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.