We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overview of the Department:
The Implementation Team is responsible for coordinating and managing the onboarding and implementation of our Cash Management and Trade product channels to our Corporate client base across the EMEA region. This is a client facing project manager and support role with full relationship management responsibility during the implementation of our product channels, and the ongoing support of these services.
Main purpose of the role:
- The Technical Implementation Manager will work alongside our Client Implementation Managers to provide technical support and guidance to the customer during the onboarding, setup and testing of our product channels.
- This is a client facing role with responsibility to explain and oversee detailed file specifications, channel connectivity, file testing assistance and training support
- This person will oversee the technical design and rollout of our solution ensuring a smooth and timely completion with high levels of customer satisfaction. Requires the ability to work independently, identify required tasks, assign tasks, and manage overall effort to completion to make sure deadlines are met.
- The role will also have responsibility to provide Level 2 Support and on-going training to our clients and users on a frequent basis. Troubleshooting on technical queries and issues escalated through the Service team. Will need to develop a strong working knowledge of our online banking channels including transactional procedures, user entitlements, and file integration capability.
- They will develop a proficiency and knowledge of treasury and operational practices. Strong organizational and communication skills are critical for the role.
- You will manage and support diverse projects of varying complexity, working closely with the Client Implementation team, Sales, Product Management, Client Service and Systems office to enable business strategy and facilitate client objectives.
- Implement structured project management tools and techniques while managing multiple client projects simultaneously to ensure customer solutions are implemented on time and within SLAs.
- Responsible for managing all client file integration requirements, channel connectivity, file testing and user training. Review and enhance existing procedures to improve client experience.
- Schedule meetings as required with the client’s project manager or key contact. Provide meeting agenda prior to each meeting and send meeting minutes after each meeting with clear action items and responsibilities.
- Responsible for logging and managing client queries and technical issues from the Support desk, ensuring resolution and customer satisfaction through follow-up, client responsiveness, in-depth communication and customer training.
- Develop, enrich and maintain existing User guides, training tools and webinars available to our client base for each of our electronic banking channels.
- Effective maintenance, tracking and communication of metrics and reporting, and providing ongoing management updates on key projects and client issues.
- Accurately report project status, escalating effectively for deals on hold or stalled.
- Participate in client management and Sales/RFP opportunities requiring complex file integration and technical solutioning.
Skills and experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- In depth and relevant product knowledge and strong business understanding of transaction banking products and services covering both cash management and trade finance.
- Strong project management and leadership skills to manage projects across multiple functional areas, utilizing relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery. Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding and work experience – BACS, Chaps, Fast Payments, SEPA, Target2, SWIFT and technical knowledge on ERP systems, H2H platforms and online banking channels.
- Subject Matter Expert on mapping and testing various payment file formats – XML, iDoc, MT101, CSV and local file types across the EMEA region. Ability to customize payment and reporting files at request of client.
- In similar role providing technical and file integration support on a project basis during onboarding process.
- Manage and document changes to policies and procedures that have arisen during the client onboarding or support process to improve future client experience, banks operational and local regulatory experience.
- Pre-sales support with the ability to identify, propose and agree all underlying technical requirements on client side.
- Proven experience in managing client enquiries and technical issues, and conducting training workshops through online forums and class room environment.
- Minimum of 2 years past work experience in relevant role at financial institution is required
- Experience in project management – PMI or Prince2 is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in change management and process re-engineering.
- Japanese language skills highly regarded.
- Degree level education or equivalent industry experience
- PMI or Prince 2 certification
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally at senior levels
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- Team player who fosters collaborative working relationships across the organization
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.