The Associate is responsible for efficiently, supporting the development of pitches for new client capital markets opportunities and performing high level financial modeling and analysis. The Associate will conduct continuous monitoring of multiple client portfolios and their performance in a proactive and independent manner. As part of an ongoing team approach to best serve and manage client portfolios, the Associate will be accountable for identifying and recommending related ancillary investment and corporate banking products to clients.
Business Development and Client Relationship Management
- Create pitch books for clients with respect to financial solutions and participate in their presentation to clients.
- Monitor client, client industry and regulatory agencies for potential changes which may affect client’s portfolio and business needs
- Directly manage a diverse portfolio of private and middle market companies with progression toward increasing client responsibility
- Review and continually monitor performance of existing accounts and client relationships.
- Conduct due diligence that includes client visits, analysis of business models, and comprehensive review of industry trends and related regulations
- Identify new areas of investment/ banking opportunities to diversify client portfolios.
Financial Modelling and Analysis
- Create financial models for use in analysing client portfolios and to best anticipate client needs.
- Utilize financial analysis to proactively identify opportunities to cross-sell
- Generate updated financial models/ analyses as business needs and industry requirements dictate.
- Analyse/ assess industry compilations.
- Initiate contact with partnered Trading Products Group areas for new client sales.
- Participate in deal teams to develop, present and win mandates for new opportunities.
- Partner with deal team and product specialists staff for accurate, detailed client information.
- Coach and mentor individuals in the Analyst role and support the Investment Banking interns.
• An undergraduate degree with academic coursework in finance, economics, or accounting and an outstanding academic achievement.
• 3+ years of investment banking covering Mining and/or ECM. Experience in both is preferred.
• Knowledge of capital markets, investment banking products and applicable regulations.
• Credit analysis experience/ understanding.
• Good knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Exceptional skills in quantitative analytics, financial modeling and credit analysis skills.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet
- Strong knowledge of Mining sector
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a demanding team environment and in client interaction.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
May consider an Analyst for this opportunity with the right experience.
Application Deadline:12 August 2020