Associate, Factor Product Specialist
Description About this role
The ETF and Index Investing (EII) EMEA Product Team is seeking a Product Specialist for the Factor ETF (Smart Beta) Product Segment. The Product Team is responsible for product management, new product innovation and commercialization of the iShares UCITS ETF range. Within the Product function, Product Segments are the primary commercial axis for execution of client and commercial strategy in the region, aligning it with global client, product and marketing functions for scale. The Factor ETF Product Segment is responsible for redefining the way investors understand, analyze and implement Factor ETFs within their portfolios. Role Description
A key member of the EII EMEA Product Specialist team, with responsibility to help drive the education and investment insights to significantly expand our distribution efforts in Factor ETFs, continuing to position us as the clear market leader and a strong partner to our clients. This role will partner across Sales, Marketing, Factor Based Strategies Group and the overall EII business.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience within the factor investing space and serve as a technical specialist on the Factor ETF product suite and influence/be responsible for the crafting and delivery of product analysis for the EMEA client base. Ability to partner with teams across functions and aptitude to navigate the product set will be integral component to successfully engage with clients.
The candidate profile will require a combination of quantitative skills, research expertise, writing skills critical thinking, interpersonal agility and practical investment experience to ensure the effective partnership with clients and collaboration with wider sales teams to win new business and/or deepen large existing relationships to grow the adoption of Factor ETFs in the EMEA region. Primary Responsibilities: Content
- Creation of regular factor content and maintaining it (timely factor comments and insights, pitch decks, monthly emails)
- Create and coordinate investment insights around Factor investing (performance attributions etc.)
- Be responsible for new content for product launches (Decks, product briefs, competitor positioning, Portfolio Implementation) in combination with Product Marketing
- Distribution of thought leadership produced by FBSG within EII
- Along with EMEA Investment Strategy (IS)/Marketing/US teams, drive the creation and delivery of product specific strategies and content to drive iShares sales.
- Collaborate with marketing and digital teams to distribute content and promote the Factor index business
- Support senior members of the team and interact with clients providing detailed Factor ETF product analysis, such as risk and return attribution, single or multiple ETFs/mutual fund comparative return's analysis, holdings analysis and factor characteristics.
- Execute strategy to distribute Factor ETFs to sub segments within EII EMEA client segments (Pension Funds, Insurance companies, Private Banks, Retail Banks, Wealth Mangers, Digital)
- Coordinate internal training for global sales teams (EMEA, APAC, LATAM)
- Follow-up to client engagements and requests, monitoring execution and tracking pipeline of opportunities.
- Syndication of new launches, coordinating seed arrangements and pipeline
- Partner with sales management to steward the Factor ETF sales pipeline as well as with Product management for the future Factor ETF product development pipeline.
- Continually expand and deepen Factor related investment, portfolio construction and iShares product knowledge base.
- Keep abreast of current market environment and the latest relevant Factor research.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Coordinate launches of new products ensuring key requirements are incorporated in the launch process (listing, share classes etc.)
- Act as centralised feedback provider for new product development initiatives
- Work with Research and Innovation team to assess index providers
- Embed whole of market insights into Factor ETF launch strategy
- Fluency in German
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent business experience required; and/or CFA a plus
- 4+ years industry experience, specifically extensive investment management knowledge and experience
- Strong written, analytical and presentation abilities. Attention to detail a requirement.
- Experience working with EMEA based clients.
- ETF product familiarity and industry experience.
- Strong analytical abilities: proven experience with Excel, Morningstar Direct, Factset, Bloomberg or similar systems required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate vertically/horizontally in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel regionally
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being.Â Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their childrenâ€™s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment â€" the one we make in our employees. Itâ€™s why weâ€™re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com |Â www.blackrock.com/corporate Â | Instagram:Â @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock Â | LinkedIn:Â www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Â We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.