Associate, Market Risk Management
- Not Specified
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 oct. 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group performs the risk management activities and quantitative analysis functions at BlackRock. RQA’s principal responsibility is to ensure that the risks in the portfolios managed by BlackRock are fully understood by our portfolio managers and consistent with our client’s objectives; and to know the risks by thoroughly understanding the investments and providing the best analytics and tools. The group helps portfolio managers apply proprietary techniques for portfolio construction. RQA also partners with BlackRock Solutions to create “state-of-the-practice” risk analytics that are practical to use. As well as investment risk, RQA assists BlackRock in identifying and managing operational, regulatory and counterparty risk throughout the firm. RQA team members will be charged with solving real world problems in the investment management process working under the direction of senior risk managers.
We are looking for a candidate with good communication and solid risk management and quantitative skills to join RQA’s Investment Risk Management team to play a leading role on risk management of Index Strategies in EMEA. The initial focus will be on Fixed Income strategies, but this may evolve across other asset classes and investment styles. The purpose of this role is also to ensure that Index portfolios, be they delivered through segregated accounts, institutional funds or iShares ETF business, are adequately managed; to assist portfolio managers in improving the portfolio construction process and to help them navigate the risks in the market environment. Index Strategies span across multiple asset classes – equity, credit, rates, commodities, FX – and require deep analytical skills, very good attention to detail and a sound quantitative background. Very good familiarity with technology, systems and data analysis is essential, and programming skills very desirable.
The principal responsibilities of the Index Risk Manager:
- Ensuring that the book of business is adequately and comprehensively monitored on a regular basis, risk exceptions are identified and escalated in a timely fashion
- Partnering with senior risk managers to help ensure that the risks are fully understood by portfolio managers and are consistent with our client's objectives
- Regularly monitoring risks in the portfolios and presenting pertinent analyses on risk and performance to senior risk managers and portfolio management teams
- Understanding the factors impacting the Index strategies portfolios and managing those risks
- Supporting the creation, production and delivery of supervisory and managerial reports pertaining to risk management.
- Partnering with BlackRock Solutions to design, test and deliver state-of-the-practice risk analytics and risk models to BlackRock through the Aladdin platform
- Performing analyses to help address real-time demands of senior members of the team and portfolio managers
- Working with other RQA team members on a global basis to conduct quantitative research on global investment markets
- Helping Regulatory Risk and Investment Oversight teams to fulfil BlackRock’s regulatory obligations under UCITS and AIFMD
Knowledge / Experience Required:
- Industry experience in risk management, analytics or portfolio management
- Working knowledge of fixed income markets and investment management
- Experience with VaR, scenario analysis, performance attribution, and other risk metrics
- Excellent quantitative and technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation
- Ability to rapidly learn our infrastructure and proprietary tools and handle detailed reporting and presentation requirements a must
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; strong work ethic
- Highly organized and able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
Skills / Qualifications Required:
- An advanced degree in mathematics, quantitative finance, computer science, economics, statistics, engineering or another quantitative discipline
- Solid coding skills (R, Python, SQL)
- GARP, PRMIA, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is a plus
- Strong technical skills and good knowledge of Excel
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.