Associate, Strategy & Corporate Development (SCD)
We are seeking to hire an Associate who would support the Strategy & Corporate Development (SCD) team on (i) growth initiatives, including origination / execution of transactions and inorganic growth initiatives, as well as (ii) developing the strategy for an exciting and fast growing business.
The right candidate will have core investment banking skills and will be able to operate with relative autonomy and work closely with a growing and dynamic team.
The role includes a significant project management and operations component. And the individual should be passionate about supporting the development of exciting business in fast changing industry.
This role will be based at FNZ's London headquarters, though the individual would be expected to travel and potentially spend time abroad. Team Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will be broad though will include industry / strategic mapping, M&A origination / execution and financial analysis. And will be working closely with the finance, operations and sales teams. Role Responsibilities:
The role will include:
• Supporting transactions from origination to completion.
• Managing due diligence processes.
• Preparation and evaluation of financial models.
• Preparation of investment cases and board papers.
• Integration of acquisitions.
• Supporting strategic growth plans.
• Strategic mapping. Experience Required:
• Capable / driven Associate to join the Strategy & Corporate Development team in a fast growing sponsor backed business in the Wealthtech space.
• Corporate finance experience, ideally with an investment banking background.
• Must be self-sufficient in building models, running financial analysis and capable of running day to day M&A execution.
• Background in financial services, and ideally with experience in "Asset & Wealth Management or Fintech space.
• Transactional experience within a top-tier bank or corporate finance boutique.
• Ability to lead due diligence and integration processes
• Deep understanding of financial institutions and regulatory framework
• Excellent communication skills and experience in working with and managing stakeholders and decision makers
• Strong valuation / modelling capabilities essential
• Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
• Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities
• Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness and ability to travel MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong academics, ideally in business / economics
• 3-5 years' experience in corporate finance (lead advisory, ideally investment banking background)
• Analytical skills with a strong accounting / M&A knowledge base
• Developed technical capabilities, across valuation, returns analysis
• Excellent English skills (written and oral)