Associate, Trainee Company Secretary
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Provide day to day company secretarial support and assistance to Associate Director, Subsidiary Governance and Associate Director, Advisory, including but not limited to:
- Responding to queries from the GCS inbox
- Completing company secretarial certificates evidencing general authorities
- Maintenance and assurance of information in Diligent Entities
- Assisting with issuance of Powers of Attorney
- Assisting with board meeting arrangements and Companies House filings for UK subsidiaries
- Provide project management support for GCS strategic projects
- Support the Director, Risk and Operations Group Corporate Secretariat and Process Owners with the sampling and testing of controls to ensure compliance with agreed Operational Risk Framework controls and standards and GCS policies.
- Be familiar with the Group's Enterprise Risk Management Framework ("ERMF") and relevant Frameworks (including Compliance and Operational Risk) to provide support and guidance on how these impact the function's policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the maintenance and annual review of Department Operating Instructions / Procedures notes for all the above key responsibilities assigned.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Associate Directors, Advisory and Subsidiary Governance
- Executive Director, Subsidiary Governance EA and Data Governance
- Executive Director, Head of Advisory, Capital & Listings
- Director, Risk and Operations Group Corporate Secretariat
- Group Company Secretariat
- Country/Regional Heads of GCS
- Part qualified company secretary or individual with some company secretarial experience about to start the Governance Institute exams.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.