Audit Director - Consumer
Job Description Summary:
Our commitment to shaping a Vibrant Economy in the UK is seeing us think differently about almost everything. How we help business thrive. How we empower our people to achieve their full potential. And how we make an impact that reaches further than ever before. Aims like these call for entrepreneurial and inspirational leadership. Which is where you come in. So bring your passion, ambition and ideas and together, let's make change happen.
Today's global marketplace is constantly changing and evolving, but dynamic businesses are agile, adapting to the environment. Auditing and financial reporting remains high on the agenda as the implications of not getting it right can be serious. Robust reporting with independent opinion gives confidence to businesses who are constantly driving for open and transparent growth.
Navigating this ever changing regulatory landscape requires a tailored, responsive approach, aligned to your specific needs and focused on addressing your key challenges and risks. Whether it be a UK or a global audit, this is our approach with clients. Job Description:
London Audit has recently undergone a transformation in the way that we operate internally and service our clients. Due to the needs of the market our team is industry driven and closely aligned to our industry specialists across tax and advisory. This change has meant that we are now in a position to provide a holistic and consultative service to our clients, which is competitive in the marketplace. This has not only strengthened our position when pitching for new business, but it has improved cross service line relationships internally to provide a more collaborative and varied working environment for our people.
As a result of pending retirements, we are now looking to recruit a senior individual to work alongside our current partner / director team, with a focus on the consumer industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to pick up a portfolio of clients, work alongside a dynamic and driven team to build our business, as well as shaping the strategy for our London consumer practice. The successful candidate will focus on the strategic growth of the team, management of a consumer based client portfolio, business development activities and will ensure that all work allocated is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's professional standards. Further, you'll ensure that all employees are developed to the maximum of their potential and to assist in the development of the office. What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for:
- you'll work strategically with the leadership team to shape a vibrant economy and drive the growth of the business
- you'll hold RI status and sign off audits reports
- you'll develop a strong internal and external network to support business development
- you'll take responsibility for managing a key client portfolio and will build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- you'll take the lead on dealing with large, technically complex clients
- you'll provide support to Senior Managers and Associate Directors to ensure they maximise their teams potential
- you'll agree/negotiate clients fees per engagement as appropriate
- you'll be involved in the interview process for new hires joining the team
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You'll have a genuine interest in working with a consumer focused client base. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- you'll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent)
- you'll have a strong networking skills
- You'll have a passion for business development and a desire to be involved in developing a strategy for the team
- you'll have significant leadership experience in audit within practice
- you'll have experience of auditing consumer clients, although we do not expect you to be a specialist in this sector
- you'll have experience of working on large audits and complex groups in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- you'll have good working knowledge of compliance and regulation
- you'll have the proven ability to inspire and develop people