For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion. Role Purpose:
The Northern Trust Audit Services team is an internal, independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve Northern Trust's operations. We help the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. In providing objective assurance to Northern Trust, the Audit Services team acts as line of defence between the firm and our external auditors and regulators.
Based in London, the role is a direct report to an Audit Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for conducting assigned internal audit reviews within Northern Trust businesses, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects. The successful applicant will gain exposure to the many different types of businesses within Northern Trust's vast product offering.
The role may require limited travel. Key Responsibilities:
• Utilizes appropriate audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls
• Assist in determining the audit scope and audit testing approach, in conjunction with the Auditor In Charge (Senior Auditor)
• Conduct and document audit testing of key controls within specified areas and identify reportable issues of risk
• Perform testing in accordance with Audit Services Standards. Producing clear and concise documentation aligning test attributes with test objectives, and connecting conclusions reached with test results
• Assist the Auditor In Charge in the reporting of issues to business partners, including drafting audit issues
• Facilitate issue tracking and the validation of issue closure
• Escalating on a timely basis when deadlines are at risk of being met, justification and providing an updated realistic revised deadline.
• Contribute to the further enhancement of Audit Services processes and provide input to special projects, as assigned. The Person:
• Experience of auditing together with knowledge of risk and control activities, including operational and compliance risks
• Knowledge of auditing in the Financial Services industry and related work experience
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Strong communication, report writing and work paper documentation skills
• Experience in the asset servicing/investment management industry
• Professional audit / accounting certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) started but not necessarily completed. Qualifications :
• A College or University degree and/or relevant audit, risk management, regulatory, or funds industry experience About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.