Azure Cloud Engineer
Azure Cloud Engineer
Working with M&GPrudential as a Azure Cloud Platform Engineer means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Azure Cloud Platform Engineer to join our Transformation and Innovation Team.
The Transformation & Innovation team joins up our capabilities, processes and governance across Change and IT to provide both a strategic capability plus a leading edge technology footprint to support the transformation of M&GPrudential and delivery of our Vision for 2020 and beyond. The role of the function is to collaborate across the business to initiate, design and manage strategic change for M&GPrudential in a holistic manner. The function will also focus on providing affordable and reliable technology solutions and services that will very much be at the heart of Prudential's business success.
• Build and maintain the right cloud infrastructure, balancing performance and resilience with cost.
• Creating proof of concepts for Prudential Wealth using their hands-on experience with the product and integration stack.
• Building and maintaining a set of tools that enable developers to self-serve for most operational task. Managing developer behaviour to ensure the right balance between speed and operational stability.
• Defining and building enterprise platform tools.
• Build deployment pipeline which enable the development team to achieve rapid change.
• Providing guidance to development teams and coach / mentor developers and architects on the technical vision
• Communicating efficiently and working together with an inter-disciplinary team.
• Continuously learning new technologies.
• Troubleshooting and implementing improvement to system as needed.
• Presenting and depicting the rationale of findings in simple, engaging and easy to understand business terms to a diverse group of stakeholders. Automating Continuous Improvement and Continuous Development processes to include security by design
• Build and manage automated processes to identify production operational processes and automate fixes, engage automated ticketing systems, automating change management. And engaging ITIL functions automatically such as incident management, problem management and service design.
• Interface with QA teams by implementing automated unit and functional and non-functional tests
• BSC in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modelling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security.
• Commercial experience working within the life and pensions sector.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security.
• A deep understanding of Linux systems hardening, containerization, and cloud security controls
• Experience of cloud & container technologies and solutions(particularly Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes) and other SaaS/PaaS technologies
• Experience of building monitoring capabilities in Azure cloud environments - App Dynamics, App Insight, New Relic.
• Experience of integrating devOps pipelines to change management, automated testing solutions (e.g. Selenium)
• Experience of building synthetic testing capability to operationally manage customer experience journeys in Azure cloud environments.
• Ability to identify solutions to develop proactive and pre-emptive operations practices in a devOps digital ecosystem.
• Experience of building security capabilities across a range of cloud platform technologies (e.g. Twist Lock, SonarQube, Check Marx, Sonatype)
• Demonstrable talent in coding technologies such as Java, Python, PHP
• Experience of operating in agile working practices and exposure to Atlassian products (Jira and Confluence), GitHub
• Exposure to continuous integration/ continuous development related systems and techniques (e.g. Azure DevOps (VSTS) / Jenkins)
• Experience with or exposure to compliances (FedRAMP, SOC-2, PCI, ISO 27k, GDPR)
• Experience of SOAP & Rest services using API management technologies
• Experience in security testing with OWSAP ZAP or similar related technologies
• Experience of securing external hosted platforms such as AEM (Adobe experience management) will be an added advantage
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills, a phenomenal teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
• The ability to drive decisions and be hands on.