BFC Product Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 17 août 18 2018-08-17
BFC Product Associate
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: Global Rates
Want to work within the CFO function where there is a large Internal Mobility Network along with great training and development right here in London?
The primary function of the Business Finance & Control team is to provide control & business advisory mentorship. Key business partners are Valuation Methodology (GVG), trading desk, credit & market risk, regulatory group and the Capital team.
The team supports the EMEA Structured Rates business which primarily trades interest rate derivatives.
What will your responsibilities include?
- P&L commentaries on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Understanding of P&L Explain (Delta, Vega, Gamma, etc.)
- Review & improvement of the PL explain processes, ensuring all market risks are appropriately detailed
- Balance Sheet commentaries
- Price verification (monthly) with communication to partners
- Calculation of valuation adjustments & reserves and ensuring appropriately reflected in ledger
- Maintaining/updating policy and procedures for valuation adjustments and price verification.
- Working with GVG group on valuation reviews in developing price verification & reserving methodology and practices
- Engage with Accounting Policy Group to implement appropriate accounting policies & procedures
- Handling key accounting, legal entity, regulatory and P&L issues with the business
- Month end close, including Financial Disclosures (e.g. FAS157)
- Exercise of valuation control oversight on behalf of the business
- Participation in the New Product Review processes
- Contributing to Governance process, operational error reporting and support of other internal control process, including SOX
- Assist in the streamlining and improvement of all BFC processes and become actively involved with system development ranging from technical improvements, new product release and automation of existing processes
What skills/competencies will you possess?
- Experience of in particular Interest Rate derivatives
- Investment banking experience (helpful)
- Excellent Excel skills with the ability to build and use spreadsheets
- Demonstrable risk identification and management
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience (trading desk, GVG, middle office & market risk)
- Applies Financial Accounting & Reporting Expertise
- Applies Financial Analysis and Reasoning Skills
- Demonstrates Accounting Knowledge
- Demonstrates Financial Acumen
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.