Back-end Java Software Engineer - Big Data Privacy
posted on 8 May 2019 in: ○ London ○ Permanent
A VC-backed tech start-up based in central London are currently searching for talented back-end Java engineers to combine state-of-the-art technologies with leading-edge algorithms, to understand and tackle hard data security / anonymisation problems of the modern world.
They are building out their revolutionary privacy software that enables large institutions - from high street banks to the NHS - to safely and ethically utilise their vast amounts of data for analysis, research and machine learning. They are pioneering and leading the development of this brand-new category of technology, now known as Privacy Engineering.
This role will involve proficient use of Java, including multi-threading & concurrent programming methods.
You will gain exposure to big-data technologies, including Hadoop, Spark and Cassandra, and you will be involved with the full lifecycle of building a new software product. Core requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a Science or Engineering discipline
- Strong experience in Java including experience of multi-threading or concurrent programming
- Experience building complex distributed systems
- Experience building a software product, ideally over the full lifecycle, from design to production and ongoing support and enhancement
- Strong experience of and commitment to automated testing
- Excellent communication skills (and the maturity to understand why this is vital)
- Ability to deliver results under pressure with rapidly evolving propositions, client demands and business needs
If you feel you are a good match for this Java Engineering role, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Email your CV to: email@example.com
- Competitive Salary, based on experience & interview performance, up to £120k for a Senior Engineer
- Stock options
- 30 days holiday
- 5% pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Macbook & iPhone provided
- Annual salary review