Big Data Engineer
- Market-leading: strong base + bonus potential. Summary
- My client is a leading, tech-driven proprietary trading firm, trading across all major asset classes in dozens of financial exchanges across the world.
They're looking to hire a Big Data Engineer to support their global, highly distributed trading infrastructure. The Role:
- Work on and lead major projects involving a mix of database technology.
- Projects include database engineering (deploying/scaling/managing database infra), data architecture planning and technology selection.
- Example of a recent project: A many hundred-TB data warehouse project based on Clickhouse, a migration from a legacy Sybase environment onto MySQL 8, and scaling a small MySQL cluster that at peak times returns >100GiB/sec of data to thousands of clients.
- Significant experience using open source database.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Knowledge of Kafka, MySQL, ETL pipelines a plus.
- Relaxed atmosphere and culture of continuous learning and innovation - Continuous opportunities for personal development
- Market-leading compensation with very strong bonus potential
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please don't hesitate to get in contact: Stephen Rac