BlackRock - Investments Product Development - Vice President
Description About this role EII - Product Research and Innovation - Vice President Job Purpose/Background
Innovation is a key component of our strategy to maintain and grow our leadership position in the asset management industry. For this purpose, iShares is looking to appoint a Vice President
within the EMEA Product Innovation team, reporting to the iShares EMEA Head of Product Research & Innovation. While the team focuses on the design of new iShares ETFs and index funds across asset classes, strong knowledge of fixed income markets and indices would be preferred. Development Value
This is an opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing segment within the asset management industry. This important role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to be involved in shaping the product strategy and design, while interacting with many different teams across the organization (investment research, sales, marketing, risk management, fund platform, index providers, investment strategy, ESG, Factors and Thematics teams, amongst others). Key Responsibilities and Requirements
The individual will contribute towards constructing quantitative index strategies and reviewing existing index methodologies as part of the new product launch process.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Design systematic strategies to capture specific market exposures. This may include a review of existing data and solutions available, testing of the usability of data & financial rationale to transform data into investable indices, back-test of these strategies and the interpretation of the output results, testing of new indices vs investments and platform requirements.
- Collaborate with research teams, both within the iShares business and the wider BlackRock organisation
- Analyse and review systematic investment strategies and index methodologies proposed by third parties, providing a critical comparison between alternative products where appropriate
- Lead one or more projects and work with internal stakeholders to successfully deliver new investment products: present new product proposals in front of the product development committee and the fund board, produce and present digestible and relevant applied research material to help the product sale, collaborate with the platform team in the structuring of new funds, support the sales force with custom analysis and in meeting with clients as a product specialist, help conduct internal training sessions as and when required
- Support, guide and provide feedback to projects led by other team members
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders towards generating new product ideas and building the product pipeline by taking into consideration market data, client feedback as well as broader research trends
- Degree in a quantitative discipline is strongly preferred
- Basic programming skills (Python, R)
- Knowledge of index construction methodologies and terminology
- Good knowledge of fixed income would be preferred
- Working knowledge of investment risk management tools is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of sustainable investment and ESG data is preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to pick up & digest new information quickly
- Good communication skills, including written and presentation skills
- Highly organised and able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Commercial awareness and capability to understand client needs and ways to solve them
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.