Business Analyst-Fund Operations Specialist
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role: Business Analyst-Fund Operations Specialist-Permanent
To work on product related projects (which could entail a fund launch, a new mandate or a change to an existing product). The Transition Management team is responsible for the analysis, implementation and enhancement of tactical and strategic solutions.
Working closely as part of a Product Delivery team in an agile environment, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the product can be supported, both within M&G and across the components of the operating model. Key Work Level Accountabilities: Experienced Colleague:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Ownership of front to back Operational Model to support the mandate/fund and responsibility for ensuring that Scalability, Operational Risk and Regulatory Compliance are considered in the definition of the support model for any new mandate, by:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk.
- Working proactively with the Business to determine scope and understand the requirements in terms of operational support for new products, share classes and markets, lead the definition of the target operational model for new product launches, and delivering the agreed operating model.
- Working with the Business and M&G Operations to clearly understand the product proposal/investment rationale and assess the operational impact.
- Working with external parties, for example: Custodians/Third Party Administrators/Depositories; to define and implement the required changes.
- Facilitating workshops with the Business, Operations, Risk, Legal, Compliance and Finance to define and agree business processes and support models for new product launches, changes to existing products/processes.
- Assisting with Management Information for all new change initiatives and keep interested parties informed of issues.
- Working with the business if any testing is required prior to go live.
- Inputting into project planning and define and manage the analysis deliverables against estimates.
- Working closely with all of the teams within Investment Operations to ensure we are able to support the new initiative/operating model and everything is implemented ahead of go live.
- You will be proactive and delivery focused with excellent communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills are highly important for the role.
- You will have strong facilitation skills to elicit information from key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Proven and demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills are a must, with the ability to think laterally and generate creative solutions.
- It is essential for you to have a genuine interest in expanding knowledge and understanding the challenges and developments impacting operations in the asset management industry.
- An appreciation of any new regulatory changes that may impact the project.
- An appreciation of the technology and applications used to support operational processes within asset management.
- Able to generate and maintain positive relationships within the team and across the Business, as well as having the ability to share knowledge between the team and act a good sounding board.
- You must also be able to manage conflicts and influence senior/business stakeholders.
- You must be able to work in an agile environment.
- Be able to collaborate closely with Operational SMEs in the design of new operating models.
- Alternative Investments experience
- Client Mandates from the operational side
- Design investment solutions experience
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter Name: Atif Ahmad
Closing Date: Monday 27th Sept
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things