This role will have dual responsibility for managing a number of key business projects as prioritised by the Business and providing oversight and support for a number of other business and IT projects.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for senior management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will manage a broad range of projects and work directly with various teams across the business to ensure deliverables are managed within the applicable scope and budget. Most Projects will be managed from the London office although there may be some additional travel to other European offices.
The purpose is to provide support to business project managers on priority programmes and projects with a mixture of IT and non IT delivery. To make sure that all projects are driven to a successful conclusion by ensuring they are run within the established project framework & process.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate internal resources and any third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Create detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Create & maintain appropriate logs to record project risks & issues
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
• For each of the Nuveen business projects (IT & non-IT), the PSO analyst provides support including:
• Scheduling of projects’ governance meetings and coordinating materials
• Attending projects’ governance meetings; provide structure, record key discussion points, decisions, action items and follow up
• Assist Project Managers in the tracking of key milestones and overall project plan
• Assist in the identification, escalation and monitoring of project related Risks, Issues and Dependencies
• Support project managers to identify areas that are at risk or slipping behind plan
• Ensure project documentation and associated project information is held centrally and up to date on the Project folders
• Assist in monthly Executive level reporting of project status & dashboard.
• Support a range of other PSO tasks including operational and strategic – e.g. process redesign – as required by the PSO Manager
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Project Management qualification
• Minimum of 3 years project management experience
• Proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook and MS project
• Excellent written/oral communication skills
• Ability to manage organise and prioritise workload
• Ability to establish and build effective working relationships
• Knowledge of the Real Estate Investment Management sector and business processes is a plus but not essential
• Have experience in working with geographically distributed project teams
• Ability to work in pressurised environment, with multiple projects running in parallel (sometimes with close/complex dependencies)
• Detail focused, able to effectively and efficiently process materials and tasks / actions
• Creative problem solver – focused on improving their practices and results. Open to new ideas and maximize available resources.
• Effective communicator – conveys information in a way that is strategic, accurate and timely
• Strong culture builder – builds and supports a strong positive culture through behaviours and action that align with Nuveen’s core values
• Collaborator and Partner – works effectively with others to achieve shared goals through cooperation, sharing knowledge and joint problem solving
• Tenacious and results driven – setting high goals for themselves and others. They accomplish their goals by effectively working through challenges and demonstrate commitment to the company’s goals
• Analytical – using logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an appropriate outcome