Business Analyst (Finance Planning / Hyperion)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Barclays UK
- 23 mars 19
This role will act as a bridge between the BX Planning Tool development team and the workforce, Finance and Project Management Office teams that will use it. The role will help develop requirements and functionality as well as ensuring that users have sufficient access, training and understanding to use it effectively.
Overall purpose of role
The BX Planning System is part of the overall Group Finance Hyperion (Oracle) "Optimus" reporting suite. It is used for forecasting the costs managed by BX and then converting these to the charges seen by the recipients of these services (Barclays International, Barclays UK and Group Head Office). 2019 will see a significant development of the BX Planning System that will:
- Upgrade the workforce reporting systems for both BX and Barclays Group
- Directly link workforce and compensation cost forecasts for BX
- Develop a Group-wide project forecasting tool aligned to costs
- Replace the Excel-based forecasting process
This role will act as a bridge between the BX Planning Tool development team and the workforce, Finance and Project Management Office teams that will use it. The role will help develop requirements and functionality as well as ensuring that users have sufficient access, training and understanding to use it effectively. This requires the development of both in depth knowledge of the BX processes as well as strong relationship management and communication skills. Key outputs are a financial plan for BX that is grounded in the workforce and projects that drive it for both the teams managing BX and the businesses consuming BX services.
- Development of the BX Planning Tool - a key deliverable in the Finance "Transform" agenda
- Oversee the production of BX financial plans and stress testing results. This should be developed with a full understanding of both BX management requirements and those of the end-consumers (notably Barclays International and Barclays UK) and Group Finance
- Develop strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including Finance, Project Management Office and Workforce teams
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Key stakeholders for the individual will be the BX Planning Tool developers, and the workforce, PMO and Finance teams within BX. Through engagement with the teams running Finance Operational Continuity in Resolution (OCIR) this will be converted to costs consumed by recipients.
The role will include regular exposure to the BX CFO and his management team. The individual will also need to develop relationships with the BX Workforce and Project Management Office teams. Stress Testing will also require involvement with colleagues in Risk and Treasury - notably the Service Company Treasurer.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The BX cost base is large (several billion pounds) and complex. Barclays response to Structure Reform requirements saw the creation of a Service Company, which houses the majority of BX services. This coupled to requirements from Operational Continuity in Resolution (OCIR) regulation has increased the complexity of COO recharges to the Barclays International and Barclays UK trading entities. Both directly through the Planning process and as an ongoing requirement the BX Planning team works to improve understanding of the BX Financials and works to resolve any problems that arise.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. For the Planning Team Model Risk is a particular area of focus and control.
- Proven experience in managing projects and developing database systems
- A common-sense approach to problem solving with an ability to summarise a complex situation in a simple, communicable manner
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Ability to absorb and process knowledge quickly
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Proven experience in database development - ideally covering workforce, financial and / or project reporting
- Project management experience
- Excellent senior stakeholder management and communication skills, both verbal and written (often using PowerPoint or equivalent)
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Prior experience of Barclays systems architecture in order to speed transition into the role