Business Auditor # 107408
Business Auditors are responsible for planning, performing and reporting the results of product-line and functional audits using the Audit Department's risk based audit approach. Work is performed under the direction of Audit Managers, with close cooperation with other audit team members, including IT audit, as part of an integrated audit approach, and may include individual or multiple auditor assignments.
The role involves:
- Comprehensive risk assessment and engagement planning. This entails obtaining an in-depth understanding of each business and/or function being audited, identification and assessment of risks (including understanding the manner in which such risks are controlled and the audit approach required to ensure controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively) and preparing documentation (workpapers, planning memorandum and audit program) that reflects the aforementioned information and assessments.
- Executing audit work. This encompasses execution of the planned approach for the audit in a team-based environment. Interacting closely with various levels of staff and management throughout the Bank. For product-line audits, work encompasses a review of controls within the Front Office and the procedures performed by the Bank's various Middle and Back Office departments to coordinate and/or support the business subject to audit.
- Functional audits entail separate review of a Middle or Back Office department that supports multiple businesses to gain assurance that controls that such businesses operate effectively. Audit also periodically conducts thematic regional or global reviews to address key risk areas, which include special reviews mandated by the Audit Committee and/or Executive Board.
- Developing, presenting and finalising audit reports. This process entails initial drafting of the report, discussion with management to ensure factual accuracy and clearance and coordination with Management to obtain written responses to Audit's recommendations.
- Mentoring new hires to aid in their acclimation to the Bank and the manner in which the Department operates.
- Participating in the recruitment of other Financial Auditors.
- Supervising less experienced Auditors on multiple auditor assignments.
- Performing administrative duties as it relates to key responsibilities and participating in special projects as delegated by Department Management.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Bank Staff and Management to facilitate dedicated assessment of the Bank's risk profile and career development.
- Assessing personal development needs (e.g., training) in conjunction with Department Management.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Internationally recognised accountancy or internal audit qualification is desirable.
- Solid audit work experience; financial services experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Willingness to travel (10-15% annually).
- Highly motivated, dedicated and results oriented professional.