Business Control Partner, Compliance & Conduct
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 oct. 18
See job description for details
Join Coutts in London as a Business Control Partner for compliance and conduct risk
- In this Associate Director level role you'll be joining the Private Banking Business Controls team, part of the first line of defence in the our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Chief Operating Office
- You'll be part of a small team focussed on understanding and mitigating the franchise's regulatory risks, and will have the chance to gain broad exposure across the Private Banking business
- You'll have a restless focus on improvement, and will use the full extent of your knowledge and creativity to drive both incremental and radical innovations in the application of the bank's risk framework
What you'll do
Among other activities you'll be responsible for understanding and managing the pipeline of regulatory risk impacts, and will provide insight and analysis into relevant industry events. You'll also support in embedding a new compliance and conduct Risk framework, and with ongoing work to embed operational risk methodologies in the Private Banking business. This role will see you working extensively with colleagues across Private Banking and in the second line of defence to ensure key risks are identified and managed in line with our framework.
Working within a small team, you'll be driving the business's understanding of regulatory change and upstream risk. You'll earn the confidence of your internal customers with clear expertise in your field and astute advice communicated well.
You'll be responsible for:
- Working closely with the business to manage regulatory risk developments across the bank
- Embedding a new compliance and conduct risk framework across the business
- Further embedding the operational risk framework across the business
- Providing risk reporting to key forums and committees
The skills you'll need
You'll be an accomplished networker who looks past organisational boundaries and advocates a 'one bank' approach, committed to sharing knowledge and getting the best out of everyone around you. Along with knowledge of financial markets and associated regulation, you'll have a solid grasp of operational risk and conduct risk.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Experience of project management involving complex people, process and technology issues
- The ability to think strategically while being capable of translating concepts into effective processes within acceptable timeframes and budgets
- Experience in upstream and regulatory risk
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and pension funding. We also offer a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.