My client, a leading buy-side investment manager are seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join their Front Office Investment Technology team. The incumbent will be responsible for working on an enterprise data initiative to establish a single source of truth for Security Reference and related data.
The solution will be a combination of on an in-house AWS hosted solution and the Bloomberg PolarLake products and services with major data sources from Bloomberg Back Office and Data License.
The role is focused on analysis, design and testing of the end-to-end solution including ETL flows, data models, access and distribution APIs. This role will be focused on Security Reference Dataset and various related datasets e.g. schedules, ratings, classifications etc.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with data - wrangling, sleuthing on issues, pulling the thread, pursuing problems to root cause with tenacity and persistence. They will also possess deep business knowledge of Security Reference Data and setup processes, alongside strong technical analysis skills.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years investment management/investment banking industry experience
- Strong business understanding of investment management data, operational processes and security data lifecycle across front, middle and back-office
- Strong experience implementing security reference mastering solutions (e.g. Bloomberg PolarLake, Markit EDM/Cadis, Eagle) – Bloomberg PolarLake highly preferred
- Expert in Bloomberg Data License – Bulk/Back Office files, Per security, B-PIPE, API
- Experience and understanding of a broad range of asset classes including Equities, Fixed Income, Money Market, Mortgages, FX, OTC Derivatives, Municipals
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems
- Agile/Scrum practices, principles, mindset and tools e.g. Kanban, JIRA
- Experience of Data Exploration using technical tools, Python Pandas highly desirable, SQL proficiency a minimum
- Ability to take ownership of issues and propose solutions – lean-in attitude
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a global team environment
- Knows when to seek guidance, avoids getting stuck
- Active listener, excellent written and verbal communication skills