Business Data Analyst Finance
For more than 15 years, we have been advising companies and supporting them in the implementation of their transformation projects in the UK and internationally. To do this, we have been relying on technology and the strength of our DNA based on collective intelligence, agility and a taste for entrepreneurship. Present on five continents, with more than 3,500 employees, our objective is to exceed the billion-pound turnover by 2024.
In the UK, Talan count 230 employees on several site, the main being: London, Edinburgh, Chester and Leeds.
Talan UK is expanding its team we are looking for a Specialist Business Data Analyst Consultant Job Description
As a Specialist Business Data Analyst, your main responsibilities are:
• Conversion of physical data points to partial governance KDEs used within Regulatory Frameworks (e.g. IFRS 9 / BCBS 239 / SOX etc) with the creation of logical business definitions, appropriate metadata, suitable controls and the assignment of engaged Data Owners and Data Stewards.
• The decomposition, identification and mapping of KDE's/CDE's for the Key Control Indicators (KCI's) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI's) (triaged according to an agreed priority for each Directorate):
- Regulatory Reports
- Material Models
- OCIR & IBS processes
- Mapping to Critical applications
- Mapping to 3rd Parties
• Further Data Asset identification and definition.
• Upload of all content into the the Client Data Navigator repository.
• Identification of underlying existing key Data Sources used by Directorates and comparing to Authoritative Trusted Sources. Review of the DQ and controls of the underlying sources.
• Update to data risks and issues for the directorate, creating remediation workflow for underlying source data owners to action where required.
• Creating new fit for purpose data controls which, where possible, swap out manual controls for automated ones.
• Support mapping of KDE/CDEs to Data Control Inventory. Creating fit for purpose data controls which, where possible, swap out manual controls for automated ones.
• Assist in the coordination of the Data aspects of the RCSA for the directorate.
• Support Dashboard status reporting for the directorate, for all the work listed above. Providing support, technical expertise on any of the above deliverables, including managing stakeholders and regular updates to all parties, senior management and committees. Qualifications
• Previous experience in Data Governance and Data Management
• Experience in decomposition of reports/processes/models for BCBS239, IFRS9 or related regulations.
• Excellent track record of business relationship management including strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Proven ability to explain complex/technical concepts to senior management
• Able to manage expectations across complex groups of stakeholders
• Ability to manage and present to senior stakeholders
• Working well in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge
• Able to respond well under pressure
• Able to take own initiative and know when to escalate issues
• Strong written / oral communication and influencing skills with a positive attitude.
• The ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet all deadlines
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
• Eye for detail and accuracy
• Excellent influencing skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Ability to provide recommendations for process/procedural changes
• An accreditation in Data Governance/Management would be beneficial