Business Development Director (Services)
- Basic to £110,000 + OTE and benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 juil. 18 2018-07-16
The Business Development Director is responsible for driving organic growth in existing core accounts, and the acquisition of new services business within tier one financial services organisations. They will hold a full commercial management role throughout the lifecycle of these large accounts. This is a quota carrying role for an established IT services sales leader in the financial services sector. The successful candidate will capitalise on an established reputation as a trusted advisory in financial services IT where the company compete for medium to large (£1m - £10m) IT services engagements.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and developing a pipeline of high-end IT services business opportunities within new and established Tier 1 and Tier 2 financial institutions.
- Educating clients on the service capabilities including thought leadership, architectural services, programme management / mobilisation, payments services and delivery.
- Establishing and refreshing preferred supplier relationships with target clients and entering into framework services agreements to secure a commercial platform for future success.
- Ensuring that you are invited to participate in formal procurement process such as RFIs, RFPs, ITTs and the like.
- Maintaining regular contact with key client stakeholders (CIO, CTO, Heads of, and other Senior Management), establishing yourself as a reputable alternative to traditional global SIs, contractors and other consultancies
- Engaging with clients at an early stage to qualify the opportunity, and develop a strong understanding of the bid process and competitive landscape.
- Leading client engagements from a commercial perspective including commercial negotiation, commercial point of escalation, and representing the delivery perspective in the early stages
You will be an experienced IT services sales professional with an established network and reputation in the financial services. Your experience will allow you to appropriately navigate the procurement cycle, successfully tendering for large scale IT Services engagements.
Principal attributes, skills and experiences will include:
- Understanding of the consulting and delivery services business in UK financial institutions. This should be evidenced by a track record of winning services business and an accurate view of the opportunities, constraints and threats in the medium and long-term.
- Drive and capability to lead sales engagements and be accountable for delivering against targets.
- Confidence, poise and credibility necessary to effectively engage with senior stakeholders in the establishment of commercial partnerships rather than vendor relationships.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to manage a negotiation of complex IT services deals, typically seeking to establish a small footprint to demonstrate capability and a foundation from which to grow(£1m - £10m).
- Deep understanding of the IT services marketplace within the financial services industry, including changes affecting the industry including payments (faster payments, PSD II) regulatory compliance (AML, ringfencing, CMA compliance, Brexit planning), infrastructural changes and commercial opportunities (Digital Channels, Digital Transformation, etc).
- Appreciation for modern methods affecting the way in which enterprise IT engagements are delivered, such as, agile delivery methods, the emergence open-source ‘fin-tech’ platforms, Dev/Ops and other delivery models
- Exceptional communication skills including confidence presenting at CxO level and the written skills required to lead the development of engaging marketing collateral and bid content