Business Development Manager, Platts (Commodities)
- Competitive + Commision
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 sept. 17
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping. S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
The Role: The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for Platts UK and Irish division. In this role you will be developing relationships through driving net sales and growth for strategically important and influential client segments and commodity specific sectors, large and/or complex contracts and delivering customer value by building a sound enterprise strategy and solution.
The Impact: Sales people are the front line of the business and the quality of their interaction with the market directly influence the reputation of the company. The superiority of the contracts that sales people put in place are responsible for further growth or present risk to the business.
The Career Opportunity: This role is a perfect platform to start at Platts. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of professionals across the sector such as commodity traders, banks, brokerages, producers/ extractors, government departments, utilities, consultancies and FMCG.
The Team / The Business: You will join a high performing team composed of experienced professionals within the commodity industry.
Your Skills: Consultative Sales, good organization, energy commodity experience, excellent verbal and written communication, thinking out of the box, friendly approach, driven
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who is self-driven, self-motivated, team player, which has a passion for learning new skills quickly. If you’re right for this role, you will join a high performing team that will help you get onboard swiftly; you will learn new skills while enjoying the collaborative work environment. Also, you will interact with major players in the energy market and become a part of a growing organization that will present future opportunities and a career path”.
• Consultative Sales and Negotiations, Increased Customer Engagement
• Responsible for the creation and execution of strategic direction within their set territory.
• Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process.
• Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive growth.
• Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations.
• Retention of existing business.
• Establishes and maintains a good rapport with senior contacts across key divisions and regions, conducting extensive high-level customer-facing presentations and new product development discussions.
Strategy and Planning
• Develops and regularly updates comprehensive customer-centric account sales strategy/ plan that is established in collaboration with customer and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs and Platts’ strategy.
• Leverages the knowledge built on clients and input provided from key stakeholders from other functions.
• Is able to work across functions and collaborate so as to provide utmost value to customer and draw best results for Platts.
• Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments that are business impacting.
• Provides accurate forecasting against pipeline and ACV achievements.
• Is able to work in a team environment and closely with Account Manager of the region so as to build a sound and consistent strategy for the region and help build team capability.
• Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customers’ explicit needs, advances and buying cycle status are captured in a timely manner.
• Degree preferred, with minimum 3 - 5 years of successful sales experience managing major or complex accounts, preferably in commodity or financial information provider role.
• Experience maintaining total sales at or above quota
• Entrepreneurial, self-motivated operator
• Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience possess high integrity and a hunter adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
• Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness
• Proven leadership in managing multi-national global accounts
• Proven success in handling complex contract negotiations
• Very strong planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize
• Competent with systems (Oracle, SalesForce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Travelling required around the region at least once a month