Business Management Office – Junior Analyst- M/F-VIE-London - Corporate and Investment Banking London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
EQD capabilities span the full spectrum of cash equity, equity finance and derivative-based services. EQD provides equity flow expertise to asset managers, hedge funds, pension funds, banks and insurers.
EQD answers clients needs' in cash equity research to sophisticated algorithmic execution, simple listed options & futures to exotic OTC products. With a complete 1 Delta offer (Swaps, CFDs, synthetic prime brokerage) we offer clients one of the most comprehensive access to equity markets.
Four main activities are represented in the London platform:
● Cash Equity Advisory
● Flow Derivatives
● Secured Financing Services
● Engineering Summary of the key purposes of the role
The candidate will be part of the EQD Business Management office. The Business Management Office is responsible for supporting business line Heads and facilitating business activity, acting as a contact point for queries relating to support and control from the business group and controlling and supervising the activity of the group. The candidate will also be actively part of the on-going transversal projects impacting the different platforms in Europe.
The scope of the function covers MARK/EQD, with a focus on London platform activities.
The team of four (of which this role will be part) supports the business line heads by monitoring the activity and developing the business via the coordination of various projects.
Business managemers control and operationally supervise the Sales and Trading activities and facilitate the relationship with Internal support functions (OPER, Middle Office, Compliance, MACC, DFIN, ITEC, Audit, SAFE, Business Line heads and local London Management). Their mission is also to ensure that the rules that govern the Equity and Derivatives activity are regularly reminded.
The position is based in SG Investment Banking Branch in London Summary of responsibilities
The position consists of assisting the local Business managers on the following tasks:
• Enforcing guidelines, providing training, support and advisory to EQD Sales, traders and Engineers teams, and handling exceptions or breaches;
• Implementing the relevant controls on the Front Office side, ensuring proper reporting to MARK/EQD Senior Management and follow up on corrective plans. This permanent effort needs to be driven by a risk-based approach, whereby controls will need to focus in priority on the main areas of risk for our business. Overlaps with controls falling within the scope of responsibility of other department of the bank need to be avoided;
• Following up projects meant to address gaps in our organization, processes or systems, in relation with Sales and Trading Governance issues;
• Interacting closely and permanently with the various Support or Control functions concerned, in particular SAFE, so as to ensure proper alignment and fruitful cooperation with the business. Benchmarking with other business lines in MARK will be helpful;
• Preparing one-off presentations for the management;
• Producing & Following up dashboards (HR, PnL, expenses,...) and following up all the IT issues of the staff;
• Being involved in cost control initiatives monitoring;
• Participating to existing regulatory projects by :
o Delivering initiatives necessary to ensure the compliance with the new regulatory rules ;
o Organising and participating to the meetings related to the regulatory changes in the UK ;
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
• Rigorous work
• Strong adaptability in a rapidly moving environment: Flexibility, ability to work under pressure, autonomy and capable of initiatives.
• Communication skills: Good oral and written communication is a core skill as a great deal of the job is to liaise with support function and business line to ensure good monitoring and completion of projects.
• IT Skills: Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
• IT Skills: VBA& Python is a plus
• Ability to plan and schedule: Job involves management of numerous projects with tight deadlines, hence ability to set priorities.
• Tenacity and being results oriented: Liaise with and rely on representative from various departments can generate numerous hurdles to the completion of projects. It is important to remain positive and to be tenacious in order to produce results in due times.
• Ability to estimate risk
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com . Evolution
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Markets division (MARK) of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. MARK offers a cross-asset approach along all its offerings : Research, Investment & Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Prime Services to asset managers, pension funds, companies, private banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and distributors worldwide.
Job code: 19000E8A
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 01/08/2019
Date of publication: 01/07/2019