Vice President / Director - reporting to CEO/COO This role is responsible for identifying the needs of the Investment Banking business and developing plans to determine the overall direction it should take to succeed. Our client is a US mid-market investment bank
Successful candidates are likely to be Business Managers/junior COO within investment banking divisions, or investment bankers looking to move away from front line advisory work but remain aligned to the division. You will need to be familiar with M&A / strategy / advisory work and the demands which go with supporting clients and bankers alike.
In very simple terms the role is to be the go to person for all non-revenue tasks, working with the Infrastructure teams to ensure:
- Creation and management of monthly deliverables and quarterly KPIs for senior banking group.
- Identify, propose and address areas for cost management/ reductions, to ensure the business operates within budget, and is profitable.
- Management of commitment committee process and administration for all new deals.
- The deal pipeline is correct
- The CRM system (DealCloud) is used and working
- The Dealogic book building application is used on every deal
- Marketing is managed (IB pitchbook, Internet, Intranet and conferences)
- Training requirements for the division
- Appraisal management in conjunction to HR
- Ensure compliance procedures are followed
- Work closely with Compliance, Legal and IB senior management to assist in responding to requests from regulators
- Work closely with IB senior management and US colleagues across platform to ensure that:
- WIP and Pipeline is fully recorded, integrated with group systems and accessible to senior management;
- the CRM system (DealCloud) is updated on a timely basis and IB users are regularly updated as to its potential uses, with an overall goal of improving client and relationship management and wider networking; and
- either through DealCloud or otherwise, that there is an up to date contact list for all IB clients and contacts suitable for distributing news/marketing material/invitations
- that the DealCloud implementation is effective in London and that all bankers understand the importance of effective use of DealCloud for their marketing efforts and that it forms part of their compensation review
- that the deal files are completed by the deal teams and are kept up to date.
- Take overall ownership for staffing of junior members of the department across all relevant sector teams. Communicate these staffing decisions as appropriate.
With HR take ownership of:
- Graduate recruitment for IB, either through the use of agencies, or direct recruitment efforts, or a combination of both. Play an important role in recruitment of associates, VPs and Directors to ensure consistency of standards, appropriate diligence is performed and expectations appropriately managed.