Business Support - Transfer Agency
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
The Business Support team is responsible for providing complex MIS reporting and business support for the UK Transfer Agency teams. The team provides oversight of end to end processes across all TA functions, is responsible for maintaining business continuity plans in the Fusion platform and is responsible for providing accurate and timely MI to all locations.
This role requires the individual to have an understanding of the work across all departments within Transfer Agency and how they inter relate, along with good planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines. Principal Responsibilities include:
• Possess thorough understanding of KPI's, SLA's and reporting requirements.
• Support with the oversight Tier 2 & 3 locations
• Provide support with business continuity planning
• Paying close attention to detail to ensure accuracy of reporting.
• Gathering comprehensive and relevant information from multiple sources.
• Participate in the quality checking of the reports/presentations
• Monitor, investigate and resolve enquiries/queries in a timely manner.
• Effectively communicate with all locations to resolve Issues.
• Monitors reporting on daily report production.
• Makes recommendations to manager on procedure changes/improvements
• Good understanding of numerical data.
• Ability to identify errors and take the necessary corrective action promptly.
• Thinks ahead and develops plans that take account of contingencies.
• Maintains a close working relationship with Transfer Agency across all locations
• Take responsibility for alerting others to issues which impact on deadlines or quality of output.
• Systematically analyses a situation and gets to the root cause quickly.
• Prepare Presentation Packs for Senior Management.
• Seeks relevant information for decision making, asks the right questions to obtain correct data.
• Fulfil additional and relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements The ideal post holder should demonstrate a fair amount of the following qualities:
• Understanding of Dealing, Registration, AML, and TA Cash Reconciliation is an advantage
• Ability to interpret and present data in Reporting standard quickly and accurately
• Analytical skills are required to research and resolve enquiries/queries
• Excellent planning and organisation skills with an approach to set and meet deadlines.
• Should demonstrate attention to details and have high accuracy levels in transcribing information.
• Advanced working knowledge in Excel and power point, MS Access
• Ability to multi-task and excellent attention to detail
• Able to adapt in quick paced requirement and have proactive thinking
• Strong data analysis skills, and analytical thinking.
• Customer Service experience, preferably gained in an investment administration environment
• Knowledge of Macro creation is desirable.
Core competencies of the role include:
• Interpersonal (relationship builder, respectful, resolves problems, people friendly and organisational savvy)
• Flexible (being able to drive a variety of tasks, sometimes with tight deadlines, to achieve the desired outcome.
• Communication (presentation skills, listening skills, oral communication skills, allows others to express themselves and written communication skills)
• Self-management (adaptability and resilience, learning behaviour, integrity and ethics and relationship builder)
• Motivation (performance standards, achieving results and persistent)
• Thinking (creative thinking decision making, input seeking, logical thinking and solution finding)
• Organisational Knowledge (business knowledge, expert knowledge and external events impact)
• Client Service and Quality (quality, relationship building and client satisfaction)
• Administration (Anticipates needs, execution, planning, process specialist, quality seeker and time management)
• Leadership (Addresses difficult issues, builds effective teams focused on goals, champions new initiatives, fosters development, gives timely feedback and coaching, Idea generator and sets challenging performance standards ) Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development - Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.