Business / Trading Analyst
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 sept. 17
Unique opportunity to join a disruptive energy business as a Business / Trading Analyst
Our client is a challenger energy supplier based in Central London backed by one of the UK’s largest investors in renewables. They build efficient systems using cloud technologies, modern web development frameworks and data science tools. Backing new clean technologies, they are also building an electric car business and are continually investing in new generating and demand management technologies.
The trading team is responsible for procuring electricity and gas for their customers on the wholesale markets at the best possible price whilst minimising financial risk to the business. This involves balancing intermittent generation from their renewable assets, predicting and aggregating usage from their customers and executing trades on the wholesale markets.
They are also involved in originating and pricing innovative commercial supply deals, ranging from powering Premier League football stadiums with 100% green electricity to embedding solar generation in large businesses. As the market moves towards smart meters, distributed generation and embedded storage the challenges and opportunities in this space will grow even more complex and exciting.
Our client is looking for a smart business analyst to join their trading team. The role will cover the full trade life cycle from demand forecasting through trade calculation and execution to recording and settling trades. You'll also work on bidding for renewable generation and pricing some of the complex and innovative commercial supply deals they are doing.
You'll develop and own trading and risk management models and processes and will have the opportunity to automate these in Python, SQL or other frameworks. Your work and market analysis will contribute to the evolution of their procurement strategy as the business becomes larger and more complex.
- Provide analytical support for bids on new Power Purchase Agreements for renewable generation
- Price up new commercial supply deals Execute day to day energy procurement activity and develop tools to automate them
This will include:
- Using weather forecasts to produce forecasted output from renewable generation sites and forecasted customer usage
- Using forecast data and hedge position to produce trade proposals, minimising exposure to cash-out prices
- Producing proposals on quantity and timings of certificate purchases
- Trade capture and notification
- Regular reporting around forecast accuracy
- Validation of industry counterparty invoices (e.g. electricity transmission and distribution, imbalance costs, government schemes etc)
- Settlements analysis and risk reporting on meter read performance
- Produce financial position and information for use in discussion with senior management, month-end and other Group reporting.
- Assembling wholesale traded position to assist in production of month-end gross margins and forward looking financial statements
- Position exposure under different market scenarios and other risk management information Invoice validation
- Crucial input to production of regular cash flow forecasts
- Provide ad hoc analysis on electricity and gas demand and prices to help inform trading strategy
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Knowledge of Electricity and Gas wholesale markets would be an advantage but not essential
- Inquisitive nature, able to learn new domains and generate valuable insight
- Experience with Python, SQL and VBA or other analytical toolsets and languages
- Comfortable extracting and manipulating structured datasets (particularly time series data)
- Passion for using technology to improve process
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to grow and adapt as the business grows
- Able to challenge with empathy and ‘muck in’ as required at times as the business develops
- Relaxed Dress code
- Regular Team Social Events
- Investment into technology
- Flexible Working Hours
We look forward to receiving your application.