CASS Operational Oversight Mgr
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Head of CASS Operational Oversight and Governance position is a FCA certification function and primarily responsible for overseeing the operational effectiveness of T. Rowe Price's systems and controls that are designed to achieve compliance with the regulatory rules. The role requires extensive knowledge and experience of the FCA CASS regulations gained at a prior Asset Management firm.
In this role you will lead and be responsible for CASS Operational Oversight and Governance across our UK Regulated entities, reporting to the SMF 24 and the relevant Fund Boards in respect of your duties. . The individual will undertake oversight and governance ensuring T. Rowe Price's compliance with the FCA Client Money and Client Assets Rules (CASS). The CF10a will partner with relevant Business Units, including but not limited to teams across Investment Operations, Client Operations, Trading, Product, Distribution, Compliance, Legal, Audit, Risk, technology & Finance across T Rowe Price. Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Cf10a registration or certification with the FCA
- Develop and evolve a robust control environment to esure the TRP CASS framework complies with the CASS rulebook, enabling the Head of CASS Operational Oversight and the SMF to demonstrate the operational effectiveness of T. Rowe Price's systems and controls that are designed to achieve compliance with the regulatory rules
- Maintenance of policies and procedures to comply with CASS requirements and ensuring all impacted Business Units have sufficient policies and procedure in place to demonstrate the same
- Development and maintenance of robust a Risk & Controls Framework for CASS Governance, together with Operational Resiliency to ensure appropriate levels of Oversight
- Board and SMCR reporting together with management information to the TRPUK and TRPIL boards, as well as the responsible Senior Manager, including weekly checklists and appropriate escalations
- Lead the CASS Governance Committee on a monthly basis, preparing agenda, papers and minutes, reporting to the Boards and SMF as appropriate
- Develop an annual training program to ensure Associates across T Rowe Price maintain appropriate level of education and knowledge regarding CASS
- Provide CASS guidance and technical support to the functional business units who have exposure to CASS risk to understand how to manage or evolve their systems and controls to ensure the firm remains compliant
- Manage as a first port for call and participate in internal and external audits conducted by the regulators over client assets and money, both within the team and/or assisting Business
- Preparation, maintenance and submission of CASS Management information & Client Money & Asset Return (CMAR)
- Analysis of regulatory changes on CASS and impact on business requirements, working together with Legal and Compliance
- Manage and resolve CASS related risks, issues and breaches
- Provide operational oversight of outsourced providers in meeting CASS requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise on CASS to support education and training to the business functions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Business, Compliance, Audit functions and other key partners
- Effective issue escalation management
- Academic excellence
- 10 + years Investment/Asset Management experience in a related field
- Regulatory reporting & CASS knowledge - execution and oversight
- Investment Management operations background - experience of end-to-end processes
- Broad understanding of an investment management business with knowledge of operational functions
- Communication skills and strong influencing skills to ensure effective stakeholder management.
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Able to work independently, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous registration as a CF10 a would be an advantage
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.