The CASS Oversight team is responsible for the adherence to Client Asset rules.
Overview of role
Provide lead support to the SMF18working with key stakeholders within the business and externally with service providers, auditors and when necessary the regulator.
• Partner with the SMF18 to ensure that the firm’s policy and procedures, systems, controls and oversight enable compliance with the CASS rules
• Act as Lead for all CASS related issues.
• Undertake daily monitoring of client assets operations undertaken by our outsourced suppliers and when necessary challenge exceptions to ensure appropriate action and if necessary remediation is taken where issues, breaches or potential breaches have been identified
• Provide escalation and reporting of CASS issues to the SMF18 and CASS Governance. Review all CASS breaches extracting themes and trends to be noted
• Create and maintain the firm’s CASS manual and resolution pack remains complete and fit for purpose.
• Ensure the Client Money and Asset Return (CMAR) are accurate and completed on a timely basis and comply with any new rules or guidance
• Lead the co-ordination of the annual CASS assurance review and audit. Monitor any actions raised to completion
• Report on and escalate issues or problems which fall outside agreed service standards of our service providers
• Undertake thematic reviews at our service providers to ensure that their processes in relation to client money and assets comply with the CASS rules