CIB F&BM - EMEA Rates Product Controller - Associate
EMEA Rates are searching for a product controller to join their team to support the International Non-Linear Rates trading desks (Exotics & Options).
The role entails the accurate and timely production and analysis of daily P&L and Risk and completing monthly and quarterly accounting disclosures. It's expected the candidate will have interaction with Front Office, Market Risk, External Reporting, Valuation Control and other stakeholders, therefore strong communication skills are essential. Additionally, it provides the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn and gain an in-depth understanding of the more complex aspects of Interest Rate derivatives while getting exposure to the highest ranked Rates desk in Europe.
The supported desks trade a wide range of interest rate products such as Interest Rate Swaptions, Caps/Floors, Spread Options, CMS, PRDCs and Binary options to name a few across various curves and tenors within multiple European markets. Responsibilities:
- Daily review and reporting of P&L and Risk for complex derivatives and structured notes
- Validating and understanding daily P&L explains, entailing review of Volcker attributions, higher order explains and residual amounts
- Providing daily/weekly/monthly P&L commentaries to senior management, explaining P&L in terms of desk's risk position, strategy and economic factors
- Liaise with Financial Control to investigate and remedy cash flow breaks and review of the FX balances
- Participate during the month end close to meet business reporting requirements
- Understanding of the desk's funding requirements and associated charges
- Working with external reporting teams to validate balance sheet moves, blended RWA and Capital activities providing commentary where required
- Identify, design and implement new controls and processes around the P&L production to drive efficiencies and to keep up to date with Global Product Control standards
- Participating in a wide range of on-going and new projects ensuring the needs and requirements of Product Control are met
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Basic understanding of Interest Rates Derivatives ideally Structured/Exotics products, and associated Greeks
- A degree in Finance or Accounting, or other numerical discipline is preferred
- Qualified, or studying towards, ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CFA would be advantageous
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Basic understanding of accounting and external reporting for derivative products
- Ability to challenge efficiency and drive forward on change and innovation of processes
- Strong communication skills with ability to understand/explain complex concepts
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.
T o be considered for this role, you may be required tocomplete the video interview powered By HireVue.