We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is looking to hire a Junior Portfolio Manager to join its dynamic Opportunistic Real Estate Acquisitions team. The successful candidate will focus on underwriting and assist in sourcing and executing transactions. The team targets real estate and real estate related investments, across EMEA, for a wide range of funds (incl. TacOpps), though primarily for the opportunistic funds (BRAVO).
This role is based in London and reports to Kirill Zavodov, Head of Commercial Real Estate, EMEA.
- Support transactions from cradle to grave: underwriting, manage due diligences and their processes, support the asset management team during transitions in particular, bolt-ons and exit underwriting
- Support financing activities for both new and existing investments, including evaluation of different financing options, legal coordination and negotiation with lenders
- Support the preparation of investment memoranda to be presented to PIMCO investment committees
- Contribute to thematic reviews and strategic research for investment theses
- The successful candidate will most likely come from private equity, hedge fund or a bank with 2-3 years of relevant experience
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills and grasp of financial concepts
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Strategic mindset with the capacity to think "outside of the box"
- Entrepreneurial streak
- Cultural fit is essential as the team encourages an integrated approach: the successful candidate should be comfortable in a non-hierarchical, international and collaborative environment
- European language skills considered an advantage
- Cultural fit and potential to grow with the team
- Exceptional financial modelling and analytical skills
- Curiosity and desire to be a contributor/drive to enhance the business
- Communication skills
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office