C++ / Java / C# Hedge Fund Developer
posted on 20 April 2017 in: Capital Markets Jobs ○ London ○ Permanent Company
This hedge fund, with a cool start up vibe and relaxed start-up environment is the next big thing in High Frequency Trading, using the best technology and tools in the market they are developing proprietary trading strategies, technology and algorithms to make tens of thousands of trades per second.
With technology being so central to the success of this fund, relying heavily on the ultra low latency of trades and high performance code, this hedge fund proudly brands itself as 97% Tech Driven and "More like a software house" than a bank. Working with a range of technologies, C++/Java/C# and F# they consider any OO. Position:
An opportunity exists for several strong developers to join the EU development team based in London. With experience developing in OO languages [C++ or Java or C#] you will come and work on one of the core trading systems. While you need NO financial knowledge, you will be expected to learn.
The role is business facing and you will be working with the traders to implement new ideas and further enhance the in-house developed trading applications, while maintaining scalability.
Your key responsibilities will be to produce the best trading tools in London, of not the world. Finding new techniques on how to improve trading algorithms and systems and well asn improving performance on the current system. Requirements:
- Excellent OO Knowledge [C++ / Java / C#]
- Degree (Or Relevant Qualification - Preferably Computer science or Numerate Subject)
- Desire and ability to learn more, particularly about financial markets Pragmatic, open-minded and eager to learn from others Commercially aware, priorities in business context
- Strong team-oriented attitude with natural inclination to share and collaborate
- Understanding and experience developing mission critical performance sensitive real-time systems Experienced in multi-threaded and preferably network software development
- Cross-platform development (Windows and Linux)
- Thorough understanding of software development methodologies - especially Scrum/Agile methods Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior financial markets experience is preferable but not essential.
- Incredible Salary & Bonus
- Informal dress code
- Daily catering - breakfast, lunch plus a fully stocked kitchen Chill-out area with pool table, table tennis, TV and Wii Competitive annual leave
- Health and life insurance
- Gym membership or commuter allowance (allowance only applicable to Amsterdam) Two discretionary performance related bonuses a year
If this sounds like you or you would like to more, please get in touch:
If you are interested in alternative roles please feel free to register below, and with our extensive network of industry contacts, we can help find the perfect position for you!
Oxford Knight - Dedicated recruiters in the City of London placing candidates in technology jobs across a wide variety of industries worldwide.