C# / Powershell / SQL Technologist - Associate
New opportunity within our Front Office Solutions! We are looking for strong C#/Powershell/SQL technologist and Financial Service experience is not mandatory.
Overview of the Department/Section:
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
The Group’s operating companies include Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms.
MUFG conducts securities business internationally through its overseas subsidiaries Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International plc, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) Inc., Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Hong Kong), Ltd. and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Singapore), Ltd. With each member of the group working in partnership with one another, MUFG provides best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
The Front Office Solutions department (FOS) supports the trading, sales and risk departments across all asset classes in London, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore.
FOS is a team charged with (among other things) the development of models, pricing tools and system integration of all exotics models used in the firm. The team is based on the London trade floor. Their products support the trading and risk functions of several different desks via in-house-developed applications run on traders’ desktops, compute grids and external cloud compute fabrics.
Main purpose of the role:
- Support, maintain and enhance the high performance computing environments and associated tools
- Provide expert guidance to the development teams on best practices for high performance and cloud computing
- Develop new features and tools within the existing high performance computing systems
- Design and build new cloud-based systems
- Drive forward the company’s adoption of cloud
- Keep all HPC environments working within SLAs
- Liaise with client departments at all levels
- Be the HPC “go-to” person
- Respond to business requests for enhancements to the current environments, new developments & prioritize accordingly
- Provide effective and timely support as necessary
- Provide expert input on the definition and implementation of MUFG’s cloud strategy
- Third-party vendor liaison
Skills and experience:
- Good and proven development skills in standalone application development, developing tools to aid with third-party application integration / monitoring / logging and developing ad hoc scripts for investigation, debugging and process automation
- C#, PowerShell, SQL Server required
- JSON and XML experience preferred
- Experience managing and maintaining a third-party application
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Distributed computing experience
- Cloud-native development experience (Azure preferred but experience of AWS and Google acceptable)
- DevOps experience desirable but not mandatory
- Financial Services experience is not mandatory
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Excellent communication skills