Capability Owner (Operational Platform)
We are reorganising the change capability for Investment into the scaled agile model by creating an Investments tribe with squads aligned with business capabilities. The Capability Owner is a key role in this structure, they own the purpose, vision, and outcomes for the squad and set the direction through prioritization of work. This role is pivotal to ensuring that M&G Prudential can unlock the benefits of moving to scaled agile and increase the productivity of the squads. The product owner is at the core of the squad, and is often the differentiator between successful and unsuccessful teams. Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Ideation and Design
• Own, define and communicate the vision and direction of the capability
• Define and maintain a roadmap for the capability that aligns to customer needs, the capability strategy and business goals
• Bring in the customer perspective, through engagement and facilitation of customer feedback, user testing, collaboration and market insights/comparisons
• Act as ultimate decision maker when setting the priorities for the capability, particularly if there is conflict within wider capability stakeholders
• Actively research industry and technology trends, and use these to review opportunities and create new value propositions for business customers
• Prioritise and maintain the capability backlog based on desirability, feasibility and viability. Ensure the short-term items have sufficient detail and focus
• Work closely with the team to co-develop what needs to be built, in the form of initiatives, features and user stories
• Identify and clarify key non-functional guidelines (e.g. transactions per day, system availability, etc.) as part of the vision
Planning and Engagement
• Agree the team vision and corresponding commercial outcomes and KPIs to be delivered in each cycle
• Ensure the team works on the right priorities based on business strategy and customer needs, balancing this with technical debt and tactical change requests
• Set the multi-cycle/cycle plan based on capacity and technology sequencing, and set sprint goals for the team, with input from the team on estimation and implementation options
• Manage the communication of priorities to the wider capability stakeholders and manage their expectations
• Collaborate with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Tribe Leads, Scrum Masters, etc.) to ensure the team has the right skill mix, the team is optimally utilized, and the team is insulated from multiple competing priorities
• Ensure each initiative has appropriate SME direction / support, if you cannot directly provide this
• Build and maintain senior level relationships across various businesses and functions in order to align activities and dependencies, ensure ongoing and timely engagement, and leverage Group capabilities and insights
Delivery and Measurement
• Daily collaboration with the team throughout the iteration to answer questions and help make decisions
• Review work items and accept/reject based on the "definition of done"
• Plan and track progress, and report outcomes and learnings to capability stakeholders (e.g. end customers / product users) on a monthly basis within 90-day cycles
• Measure success and capture learnings to inform the future backlog and roadmap
• Work with the team to inspect and adapt at the end of each iteration and at the end of each 90 day cycle
Embedding and adoption
• Working closely with customers to ensure that new systems and process are embedded effectively
• Work with customers to ensure efficient and scalable use of UDAs Job & Personal Skills:
This role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate:
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor to the audience.
• Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to present to those at all levels of the organisation.
• A working knowledge of the variety of stakeholder groups across M&G Prudential
• The ability to build a network, both internally and externally Knowledge & Experience
• Solid experience of full front to back Investment lifecycle
• Previous knowledge of Investment systems and processes.
• Previous experience as senior manager in either Operations or Investment Change Management
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.