Cash Management Trainee - Other job functions London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) in the UK is a business line of Societe Generale London Branch.
SGSS is a pan European providers which offers a full range of securities services:
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Custody & Trustee services
- Fund Administration & Asset Servicing
- Fund Distribution, liquidity Management, Issuer Services & Clearing services
Summary of responsibilities
- Responsible for the calculation and reconciliation of client and firm bank accounts
- Responsible for the processing of inward and outward payments in an accurate and timely basis (as per currency and systematic deadlines)
- Manual creation of SWIFT payments (MT103, MT202 and MT210) via client SSI's.
- Ensure that all client and internal queries raised via email and telephone are responded to within the agreed SLAs.
- Reconciliation of predicted funding against external statements
- Interest processing
- Inter-account transfers and journals
- Settlement funding
- Processing of investor transactions in clients funds (Subscriptions, redemptions, transfers)
- Commission processing
- Identify further opportunity to improve processes
- Support projects within the business, support system enhancements and change requests life cycle.
- Involvement in periodic review of team procedures
- Any other processes that may be required with growth in client base or changes to operating mode
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Determine and calculate cash funding (CREST, international settlement) predictions for each bank account to ensure accurate funding and cash optimisation.
- Calculate and effect bank cash transfer requirements within funding and payment cut-off times
- Transact and effect all funding payments ensuring that cut-off times are adhered to (methods of payment will include bacs, chaps, cheque and swift)
- Investigation and resolution of Cash Management bank reconciliation breaks/issues
- Being pro-active regarding all treasury aspects of cash management.
- Responsible for FX settlement cycle.
- support of project delivery and change
- Funding decision on accounts
- Input payments
- Input journals
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Competencies
• Good analytical and high level of accuracy is required
• Operational Skills
• Regulatory Skills
• Communication Skills
• Understanding of general banking processes
• Ability to make Decisions
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Must have previous experience of payment processing (MT103 and MT202)
• Good knowledge of Foreign Exchange and Money Market
• Effective team player
• Good knowledge of Excel and Word
• Must have previous experience of cash processing and settlement
• Understanding of Real Time Cash Management Evolution
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different .
Job code: 19000FNB
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 29/07/2019
Date of publication: 01/07/2019