Central Assurance Analyst, Officer
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Central Assurance Analyst, OfficerState Street's Business Control function focuses on mitigating risk from within the first line of defense (FLoD) through control monitoring and enhancement. The Central Assurance Program Team under the Business Controls Program Office is a critical component of Risk Management.
In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will report to the Head of the Central Assurance Team and will work collaboratively with business-aligned Controls Assurance Teams, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance Managers, Business Process Owners and Audit thereby complementing and building on the control and risk infrastructure already in place. The Central Assurance Team Member is expected to review and evaluate end-to-end processes, identify and document key controls, and assess whether internal controls over regulatory and operational risks are properly designed and operating effectively.
This position is perfect for an individual with a strong interest in joining a top tier financial services firm and has experience with risk assessment and internal control methodology. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, learn superior project management skills, and already possess strong customer service capabilities. It is expected that in this role the candidate will need to dig deep and learn end-to-end compliance processes and the underlying regulatory requirements.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
Principal duties and responsibilities include :
- Perform control assessments to determine regulatory and policy compliance as well as determine residual risk. As needed, collaborate with the business-aligned Compliance Managers or Business Executives to better understand the applicable regulatory requirements.
- Understand and be able to apply the FLOD's Business Controls Assurance Guide
- Act as an advisor to the first line in the area of risk assessment and controls development in all areas of operational risk, regulatory risk, emerging risk and fraud risk.
- Work with the first line business process owners to complete end to end business process control assessments and develop enhanced controls.
- Monitor and report on remediation steps and corrective action plans from control review findings to implementation
- Establish strong relationships with key functional teams including first line of defense business lines, Operational Risk, Compliance, and Internal Audit. Instill confidence by demonstrating credibility and expertise on control issues
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity in all dealings thereby mitigating reputational risk to State Street and its customers
- Provide guidance to the first line, working with the second lines, for the development of monitoring controls such as KRI's and KPI's
- Other tasks as required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS :
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accountancy, Business or related field
- Minimum of 4-6 years work experience with internal control methodology, audit and/or testing
- Demonstrates ability to assess internal control design and operating effectiveness
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues to applicable parties
- Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to manage ambiguity; ask the right questions to obtain clear answers
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage own time in order to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to exercise professional skepticism
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Customer focused with the ability to effectively collaborate with individuals across business units/lines
- Team player
The following are strongly preferred:
- Knowledge of COSO internal Control - Integrated framework
- Experience in the financial services sector