Trevose Partners are working with a fast growing stock trading platform that is looking to hire their first Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a fast growing stock trading application thtthat is looking to disrupt the stock trading market and become the number one stock trading platform in the UK and Europe.
As their first CFO you will be responsible for creating a best-in-class finance function, developing their controls, processes and being at the centrefold of the growth of the company as they expand across Europe. You’ll report directly to the CEO and be a key part of the senior management team defining the overall direction of the company.
You will be maintaining a stable financial reporting framework and producing useful management information to support the business as it continues to scale. Due to the collaborative nature of the company you will be consistently business partnering with the product, operations, engineering and marketing teams to ensure you understand the intricacies of operations. What you’ll do:
- You will drive the financial and operational excellence of the team and will have full ownership of Financial & Management Accounts, MI, forecasting and planning and all internal and external reporting.
- You will oversee, run and manage a high performing financial controlling, treasury, regulatory reporting & financial planning and analysis team.
- You will define a scalable financial organisational structure and hire accordingly as we continue to grow globally.
- Manage cash-flow and the cost-base to support growth within budget, as well as taking responsibility for our client money and custodian assets.
- Identify, implement & lead efficient financial and operational processes in order to achieve sustainable growth
- Oversee & ensure the production of year end consolidated accounts & financial statements.
- Provide regular and insightful management information, forecasts, analysis and commentary to the Board.
- You are an accomplished Finance Director or CFO with at least 15 years of experience in Finance, preferably within either the Financial services sector, Financial technology sector or within a consumer technology scale-up environment.
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA Big 4 experience preferred).
- Strong business partner, who is able to influence and lead cross collaboratively across the business.
- You are an expert on financial regulation, and have experience working in an FCA regulated environment.
- Your leadership style is empathetic, approachable and candid and you are able to build strong relationships with other senior stakeholders.
- You have prior experience taking a business through an exit, IPO or M&A activity this would be desirable.
If you are interested in the opportunity and would like to find out more about the role, please apply today.