BSM Group are working with an established Corporate Bank with their search for a new Chief Risk Officer role holding SMF4, to head their Risk function in London! This role reports directly to the CEO, working with the other managers and executives to oversee the risks associated with the Bank's business model and strategy.
The initial responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Bank has in place adequate Risk Management Framework which includes: Governance, Risk, Compliance and Control frameworks.
- Working closely with the CEO and advising the Board on risk and regulatory topics.
- Acting as a member of the Executive Committee and other Executive Committee meetings.
- Creating the essential infrastructure, including operating and financial models to ensure adequate control of the risk appetite.
- Monitoring, enhancing and embedding the Risk Management Framework in order to adequately manage risks across the Bank.
- Ensuring the Bank is compliant with all appropriate regulations.
Experience we are looking for:
- Prior experience in a Risk Management position within the banking sector is required.
- Deep understanding of UK banking and regulatory framework.
- Strong knowledge credit risk, bonds and fixed income securities – knowledge of Trade Finance will be favoured.
- Strong coaching and management skills.
- Previous experience of working with senior Board Directors/Management Board.
If you would be keen to find out more details about the position and the firm then apply today!