Our client is a fintech in the fixed income area scaling for growth, and the founders are looking to appoint a CTO to play a key role as they take the company to the next level ready for go-to-market. The venture is well funded already so that risk is eliminated, allowing the founding team to focus on building and taking to market the fintech platform.
As the CTO you'll have technical leadership for all aspects of building and rolling out the fintech venture platform, including:
- The technical strategy and managing the roadmap for the platform build and it's ongoing evolution, leveraging the latest disruptive technologies .
- They have a core team of developers in place already and you'll continue to grow this and the wider Product Development team across all functions i.e. Architecture, Scrum Master, UX Design, QA, Data Engineering, Implementation and Support etc.
- Researching, selecting and managing external technical partners.
- Upon deployment ensure high system availability and technical support whilst continuing to build out additional functionality and product.
We welcome hearing from technology executives with:
- At least 10 years technical experience of product builds within the finance industry, with knowledge of current technologies and emerging trends in order to build a leading edge fintech platform that will be disrupting the fixed income markets. This experience could have been gained at a financial institution, exchange or technology vendor / fintech.
- Experience managing projects and technical teams. You could of course already have CTO experience, but our client is open to experience as the number 2 or 3 to a CTO and ready to step up into the CTO role.
- We're open to the technology stack skills you'll bring, but cloud native experience would be interesting, as would an interest or experience in blockchain / distributed ledger technologies as this is part of the long term product strategy.
- The ability to think about technology in conjunction with business, customer and market needs today and into the future.
- A driven and determined attitude conducive to a dynamic high growth business environment where you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact.
The company can demonstrate a unique proposition to disrupt the fixed income markets so destined for great international success with the right team to build and go-to-market. So for the right technology leader with entrepreneurial spirit, this is a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to reap both the career and financial rewards of being part of an exciting fintech business venture.
Feel free to either apply online, or introduce yourself by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
London, but will consider other European locations remote.
Keywords: chief technology officer, CTO, head of technology, head of sortware development, technical manager, fintech, exchange trading, fixed income, trading, settlement, debt, bonds, capital markets, investment banking.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.