Client Account Services Manager
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Client Account Management teams work in conjunction with the Relationship Management teams to retain and grow client and prospect relationships. Primarily supporting the EMEA region, the Client Account Services Manager ("CASM") delivers front-line client servicing needs across multiple investment vehicles offered by T. Rowe Price ("TRP"), providing a single point of service contact in respect of all operations related activities or queries. The CASM is responsible for the end to end service experience of the firm's professional clients in EMEA, partnering closely with Relationship Managers, understanding the intended business strategy for developing our relationship with each client. They also work closely with Client Implementation, to ensure client intent and needs are fully understood, liaising with the client throughout to optimize the client experience.
The role sits within our Client Account Management Team, which is part of Global Client Account Services (GCAS). The position requires the candidate to deliver a high standard of client service across the entire client book, proactively develop and execute service strategies/plans for our clients and to demonstrate accountability in ensuring client service needs are met and exceed, both through core service delivery as well as in maintaining internal records to align to the status quo with each client. The position operates independently to carry out various responsibilities supporting client accounts through both direct relationships and via those of the Relationship Management team. Partnering with the multiple internal departments as well as external custodians, vendors and administrative service providers the CASM will drive issue resolution and escalate any operational/administrative concerns.
In addition, we recognize the need to continually evolve our business capabilities to continue to operate as optimally as possible for both the success of our clients and our business. To that extent, the role will require the individual to identify process improvements within direct department or client relationships, participate in projects and initiatives to further innovate and enhance our capabilities in order to deliver improved client outcomes and facilitate the success of our EMEA Distribution Strategy. Principal Responsibilities
- Partners closely with Client Implementation, focused on ensuring client intent and needs are fully understood across stakeholders and is given effect to, liaising with the client throughout lifecycle to ensure client remains fully appraised
- Looks after clients' day to day operational service needs providing best in class, proactive service support, account maintenance, creating service plans for selected client books of business to deliver the best of TRP. Will deliver a high standard of core client service across the entire client book and will have post sale ownership over certain client accounts, and work with Relationship Managers to determine operational service strategy and delivery to support the growth and retention of business.
- Maintains client profiles to help manage client service experience and develops insight from assessing across the client book emerging themes in respect of service requirements, both by client type and region.
- Develops consistent service standards and represents the firm in the eyes of the client, ensuring the client has confidence that their service requirements are being owned by a TRP Associate who understands their requirements and accounts with TRP
- Provides operational support to the sales process where appropriate (e.g. operational input into RFPs, pitch participation, operational content in new business due diligence process etc.)
- Delivering front-line service to clients and related third parties, including fielding and responding to client queries and ensuring agreed periodic service deliverables (including but not limited to, reporting, attestations, certifications, restricted asset list management, billing, cash orders etc) remain on track throughout the Client lifecycle
- Assisting in ad hoc business development activities by acting as a subject matter authority, attending prospect meetings and providing insight into TRPs post sale service experience and operational facilitation across the firm, supporting Sales in identifying stakeholders who can provide insight into TRPs capabilities, as required to deliver against Client requirements
- Facilitate diagnosis of complex client service issues, identify trends that point to service deficiencies and own resolution, working with the appropriate internal and external delivery teams to ensure timely and accurate response and escalation of challenges in TRP capabilities versus client expectations
- Works with portfolio managers, client relationship managers, product specialists and / or sales staff to service existing institutional accounts or fund distribution relationships
- Works with Client Implementation manager to ensure that client intent is fully understood, providing support throughout the Onboarding and Change process to ensure TRP remains aligned to Client requirements and intent and/or managing client expectations as appropriate
- Acts as connector between Client, Relationship Manager, Client Implementation and broader organization to ensure delivery of client change activities (including new mandates)
- Post-sales client relationship management, supporting Relationship Managers in maintaining relationships with existing clients through high quality client service delivery
- Develops proactive operational service plan for clients, aligned to strategy and client needs and for executing on that, maintaining score cards, monitoring and managing the health of the client service experience
- Owns operational due diligence process (ODD) to lead ODD meetings and operational questionnaires
- Contributes to developing a framework to maintain ongoing dialogue and exchange of ideas between GCAS and key Stakeholders on whom we are dependent to deliver clients service outcomes and document learnings and commitments in partnership to drive client service excellence
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required: Skills & Competencies:
- Proactively engage in industry forums and networks to learn about trends in clients experience, regulation and technology to help inform innovation and continuous improvement in the work that we do
Education & Experience
- Stakeholder Management (Internal): Requires the ability to navigate the organisation, build collaborative networks and strong productive and mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships, managing expectations
- Relationship Management (External): Requires the ability to develop trusted relationships with clients, demonstrating the ability to understand the client holistically
- Project Management: Requires excellent planning capabilities and the ability to lead others through a process of delivery for the benefit of our clients and business
- Industry Expertise: Demonstrates a willingness and ability to develop industry acumen that enables broader understanding of client expectations, enabling TRP to anticipate client needs, drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Organisational Discipline: Demonstrates the ability to organize self and others, prioritise appropriately, deliver high quality work product, with attention to detail, with a sense of urgency
- Influencing for results: Demonstrates emotional intelligence and the ability to consider others' perspectives, possessing excellent negotiation skills, ability to manage through friction and ambiguity, resilience under pressure and the ability to stand firm but remain diplomatic
- Consultative approach: Demonstrates the ability to uncover unstated needs and concerns, through confident dialogue, listening non-defensively, questioning and clarification of understanding
- Enterprise Knowledge: Demonstrates the ability and enthusiasm to learn deeply about the capabilities across T Rowe Price beyond role
- Critical Thinking and Analysis: Demonstrates a solution drive mindset, able to consider challenges and problems broadly, with a focus on risk awareness and operational resiliency
- Team collaboration Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team providing day to day support
- Previous experience working within a client service group in the EMEA region with a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Demonstrable related work experience within an Investment Management organisation preferably within a client-facing, operations and/or service delivery environment.
- Graduate with related degree or related industry qualification - required experience in line with MiFID II.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.