Our client is a Global Investment Manager based in the city of London who are looking to recruit a senior client service/sales focused individual. The role is to join a small London based client service team servicing clients across both Institutional and Wholesale markets.
- Partner with the sales and relationship management team in all aspects of their business development activities to ensure all goals are being achieved.
- Have or develop an understanding of full range of investment capabilities to be able to engage directly with clients and prospects.
- Host client meetings in the absence of the sales and relationship manager.
- Cover the largest and/or most complex client relationships. Conduct thorough meeting preparation; research each client/prospect in advance of each meeting, coordinate prep calls, prepare briefing notes and all follow-ups.
- Prepare and customize materials for client review and prospect meetings. Adhere to all compliance guidelines including the use of pre-approved and custom marketing materials.
- Work closely with the sales and relationship management team to develop prospect target lists and research sales opportunities and consultant trends in the marketplace utilizing internal/external tools and publications.
- Provide weekly search data to team in focus area product categories.
- Spearhead and manage client on-boarding and account closure process (IMA’s, Guidelines, KYC/AML, Welcome Package etc.).
- Serve as an internal point of contact for an assigned list of Client portfolios; responding to inquiries and service requests (contributions, redemptions, transitions, consultant and audit requests, contract amendments, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal (sales, portfolio management, trading, legal, compliance, operations) and external (clients, transition managers, consultants, record keepers, custodians) partners to deliver products, resolve operational issues and provide high quality service to clients.
- Relevant experience; Must have 5-10 years in an investment management firm
- Experience in sales and/or client service required.
- Operates independently and is capable of servicing the largest accounts or dealing with the most complex problems.
- Willing to roll up sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
- Knowledge of eVestment, Morningstar and other financial applications