Cloud Systems & Service Reliability Engineer A financial service are looking to hire a Cloud Systems & Service Reliability Engineer
Cloud Systems & Service Reliability Engineer
A financial service are looking to hire a Cloud Systems & Service Reliability Engineer
Based in London, the role will involve assisting in the design of new server and serverless based solutions to provide hybrid cloud based services to a leading financial services business. Responsible delivering a highly scalable and secure cloud based service and for providing all levels of support for incidents and problems whilst technically diagnosing faults and ensuring a prompt restoration of service.
Key Responsibilities and objectives:
- To work with cloud providers, specifically to integrate corporate and hosted services
- To undertake the design, implementation and support of solutions within a complex multi cloud environment.
- To work with development, application and operations teams to ensure the underlying infrastructure scales as required.
- Assist the data team with storing and securing very large data sets containing confidential financial information.
- Ensure the cloud systems are architected to best practice and recommend changes where required.
- Assist the wider technology group on projects to streamline and optimize the infrastructure.
- Undertake thorough root cause analyses of problems in line with third party vendors where appropriate.
- Assist Release Coordinators in all aspects of the software release process
- Ensure all releases details are communicated to stakeholders
- Monitor systems pre\post release and liaise with operational teams to ensure release success
- Identification of sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences by ongoing monitoring
- Perform system and SAAS installations/upgrades & co-ordinate between development, testing and operations to deliver high quality support following a robust change management processes.
- Perform Patch Administration & co-ordination across all platforms and ensure of protection against malware and zero day exploits.
What you'll need:
- Significant experience in designing, installing and maintaining large scale cloud based systems
- Advanced experience with data center and call center operations
- Experience in the release management life cycle and software automation
- Advanced experience in managing multi domain Active Directory and cloud based infrastructure
- Advanced experience in supporting a 200+ dispersed user base operating 24x7
- Experience in Industry Standard InfoSec and PCI compliant environments
- Experience of Cloud computing, in particular Amazon's AWS cloud based service.
- Experience of working with virtual and serverless systems in the AWS cloud.
- Experience in implementing AWS SAAS solutions including, VPC, ECS, Fargate, S3, Lamda and API Gateway on a large scale.
- Experience of deploying web services to include Apache\NGINX\IIS to handle 000s of concurrent connections.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows 2012 - 2019 administration.
- Experience in supporting Windows 10 and MacOS..
- Experience of enterprise scale data retention and DR best practices.