Collateral Management Operations Analyst/Associate - London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
An Associate within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the performance of and reengineering of a number of operational processes. The role calls for strong Collateral Management or Derivatives experience. Associate will be expected to perform these functions as well as demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach, highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements. In addition, the Associate will be expected to provide a high level of service to their clients.
The role will involves close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Risk Management and other Operations Departments. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills. Collateral Management, part of Margin, Valuations & Pricing Operations sits within t he Goldman Sachs Liquidity Collateral & Optimization organization. A global, multi faceted and cross product function, the primary objective of the department is the
mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios. Collateral Management is currently +100 staff strong in globally, with regions in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Bangalore and Singapore working closely together.
The team have a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, Equity, Interest Rates, Repo, Insurance/Pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative & security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Providing oversight across the team on the status of Issuance, Bookings & Controls.
- Providing Training an Coaching to the team to continue upskilling the Analysts.
- Becoming 1st point of escalation to Clients.
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and regulatory queries.
- New client on-boarding.
- Liaison with internal groups (Credit, Sales, Trading, Middle office, Legal, Front Office, Settlements, and Corporate Treasury) to resolve collateral issues.
- Reconciliation of portfolios.
- Collateral Optimization.
- Monthly Interest and coupon settlement.
- Performing a number of control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems and challenge processes; be willing to dig into the detail to resolve issues.
- Some experience of portfolio reconciliations and processing of margin calls would be desirable.
- Confidence to interact with external clients.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day are essential.
- Familiarity with/ability to learn Excel macros and other functions.
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays appropriate financial/analytical skills attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/ her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytic skills.
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.