See job description for details
The Requirements We're looking for a Collections Manager to join us in London
What you'll do
- Take on a new role in a dynamic and fast paced environment, in which you'll be creating and designing a framework that delivers lasting, positive outcomes for Esme and its customers
- With great communication and influencing skills, you'll be working with the Esme management team to develop and implement a collections strategy, along with leading and developing a team to maximise business performance
- This is an exciting and rewarding role, with great career development potential and the chance to make a real difference for our business
We want to ensure a culture of delivering fair outcomes to our customers that are experiencing financial difficulties, and you'll play a key part in this. As a collections expert, you'll be working with the Esme management team to develop and implement a comprehensive collections strategy, encompassing proactive and ongoing portfolio monitoring to reduce instances of delinquencies, bad debt provisions and losses. Alongside this, you'll be leading, coaching and developing your team so that they can identify process improvements that drive performance for the business.
As well as this, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Building good working relationships with external agencies to maximise the level of delivery and performance
- Providing ongoing management insights and trend analysis MI, including weekly, monthly and quarterly performance updates to Esme
- Coordinating input from other experts across the business to enhance skills and capability for your team and the business
- Making sure that new business flowing into arrears is dealt with efficiently and as early as possible to maximise recovery
We're looking for someone with experience in collections within the financial services industry. You'll have the ability to effectively communicate and support decisions which may be contentious with robust and well-articulated rationale, and you'll be comfortable working as part of a team in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You'll also bring:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of working closely with customers and external agencies
- Knowledge of insolvency law and application
- Experience of working with and influencing senior level stakeholders
- A focused, proactive and positive approach to work
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .