The Exane group is one of the leading independent financial market players in Europe and is active in three core businesses: Cash Equities, Derivatives and Asset Management.
Since 2004, the Cash Equities business has been underpinned by an operational partnership with BNP Paribas: Exane has exclusivity on European equities and operates under the brand Exane BNP Paribas. With around 50 professionals in Sales Trading & Trading and 50 in Quant and Execution Technology, Exane BNP Paribas is one of the fastest growing pan-European execution franchises for institutional clients.
Exane BNP Paribas offers a top class execution product range including cutting edge electronic trading algorithms, facilitation, high touch trading, program trading and ETFs. On the advisory side, Exane BNP Paribas’s 100 analysts cover over 600 stocks and are ranked 1st in Europe in the 2019, 2018 and 2017 Extel Survey. Exane BNP Paribas has offices in Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Madrid, Milan, New York, Paris and Stockholm.
As a member of the Equity Research department, you will primarily support Analysts by managing the contracts for subscriptions to information sources. You will be responsible for the whole lifecycle of new and renewed contracts: from requests for pricing, contract review, negotiation, execution & filing, receipts, invoices, audits, reporting and budget. Specifically, you will be required to:
• Source needs, request pricing, RFI/RFQ
• Negotiate the commercials
• Review contracts to ensure that they are fully compliant to support business needs, mitigate commercial and legal risks, are legally binding and drive appropriate supplier performance, plus arrange execution
• Use the Purchase-to-Pay tool to process orders, receipts & invoices
• Develop and maintain a database of suppliers and record of contracts and users
• Manage expirations, renewals, key events and post-execution workflow
• Generate procurement reports and statistics.
• Manage the subscriptions budget
• Use influencing skills to encourage procurement change and engagement across the business where applicable.
• Identify new potential suppliers in order to create additional competitiveness and market tension for various project areas.
Is This You?
• A strong academic track record
• 3+ years of experience with commercial contract management, negotiation and legal review.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Independent/self-starter, proactive and had working
• Excellent command of English (essential) and French languages (if possible), both written and spoken
• Strong attention to detail and process
• Analytical and critical thinking
• Good knowledge of MSOffice (pivot tables in Excel, documents review tools in Word)
• Strong sense of values, ethics and confidentiality, for dealing with sensitive information.
• Ability to identify key contract obligations and potential business / legal risks and devise and implement strategies for mitigating risks
• Ability to articulate positions and resolve contractual issues disputes
• Ability to contribute effective, value-add contracting advice to internal business clients and to guide and direct internal clients in comprehending and interpreting business contract requirements