Commodities Operations Associate- London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Physical Operations is a team of professionals responsible for managing the settlement and confirmations processes for both vanilla and structured commodity transactions. The group accomplishes this role by developing a thorough understanding across all commodities, with a primary focus on supporting our physical metals, oil, coal and uranium businesses. The group develops ways to control any operational risk for existing and new businesses into the firm's processes, systems and controls. Physical Operations also participates with the on boarding of new business and structured transactions. The team partners with sales, trading, technology and other internal operations groups.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly payment and receipt processing
- Complex settlement modelling, including validation of bespoke physical commodities product transactions
- Drafting confirmations to accurately capture all economic and legal constructs of executed transactions
- Compilation and periodic review of Operations procedures to meet regulatory standards
- Devise and implement process improvements
- Partner with IT and Sales/Trading on systems enhancements and development
- Participate in and manage projects
- Investigate process failures; synthesize and implement corrective actions
Candidates for positions within the Physical Operations team should be able to demonstrate a strong interest in oil, metals, coal and other bulk commodities.
Skills and Experience We're Looking For
- Commercial aptitude
- Good project management skills
- Experience performing detailed analyses of trades, pricing, and performance
- Ability to solve problems and explain underlying issues to non-technical clients and colleagues
- Experience creating spreadsheets and performing reconciliations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to create and implement controls around core processes
- Shows initiative in developing own understanding & expertise
- Quickly grasps new technical and business knowledge. Effectively transfers that knowledge to others
- Balances efficiency and accuracy in order to maintain high output while avoiding mistakes
- Takes action to ensure that controls are in place & procedures are followed
- Develops ideas & proposals by stepping back to take a broad, open-minded view
- An understanding of the industry's regulatory environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.