Company Secretary, AVP
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Company Secretary, AVPCompany Secretary within the Office of Culture and Governance - the role will help deliver company secretarial services to a number of State Street UK legal entities and internal governance committees and will be responsible for ensuring adherence to relevant UK regulations and State Street governance policies.
Responsible for leading and delivering effective corporate governance arrangements for State Street UK legal entities.
Act as a strategic business partner to inform and influence State Street UK Board and Committee's on matters relating to corporate governance.
Be an influencer and champion of best practice for company secretarial and corporate governance arrangements across EMEA.
In addition, the role will be responsible for ensuring that the CSO's policies, procedures and practices keep pack with changing regulatory and statutory requirements, in terms of Boards, Committees and individual Directors.
Board and Committee Support
- management of the day to day governance requirements for boards and committees within the UK group
- develop a close working relationship with chairs and members of boards and committees
- act as first point of contact for these chairs and members in all matters relating to governance and company secretarial work
- support the process for appointments and elections of board and committee members
- contribute to meeting discussions as and when required and coordinate advice for members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of relevant legislative changes
- oversee proper scheduling, coordination and operation of the board meetings and committee meetings
- organising and preparing agendas and papers for board and committee meetings, maintaining up to date records and distributing material via Diligent Boardbooks
- taking minutes and following up actions from meetings, including minute review process
- providing dedicated point of contact for all board and committee members;
- oversee the maintenance of an annual calendar of board and committee matters, ensuring full compliance with relevant constitutional documents, terms of reference/charters, State Street's Legal Entity Governance Standards, as well as all other statutory, regulatory and legal requirements
- leading board and committee effectiveness reviews
- overseeing the maintenance of statutory books and registers, including electronically via Blueprint
- overseeing the preparation and submission of annual compliance statements and all required Companies House filings
- overseeing the filing of statutory accounts
- preparation of routine board resolutions
- provision of company information as required by business, auditors and regulators
- drafting, maintenance and approval of policies and procedures
- dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- preparing agreed upon management information and key performance indicators
- liaising with Controlled Functions
- overseeing periodic review and updating of CSO pages on intranet
- Guide/advise junior members of CSO in their duties